• Who cares, I never read this thread anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
When he gave up on afl he used to eat 10-12 pies a week, sometimes for breakfast. Maybe he had too many party pies at the interviews
With a higher vertical than Nic Nat?

Those party pies must have been baked by Dank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MRB37

Brownlow Medallist
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
With a higher vertical than Nic Nat?

Those party pies must have been baked by Dank
I think the pie habbit started after he tested at the combine. He tipped the scales at around 90kgs at one point but has gotten himself down to 80 odd now.

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the pie habbit started after he tested at the combine. He tipped the scales at around 90kgs at one point but has gotten himself down to 80 odd now.
And after he was overlooked

I can’t see what relevance his post football habits have on things

SaltPeter

"I’m a professional bulls**tter"
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
And after he was overlooked

I can’t see what relevance his post football habits have on things
Do you know or have a theory on why he was overlooked?

Sanders

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you know or have a theory on why he was overlooked?
If we track backwards...

* Conditioning was magnificent
* Apparently has high footy IQ and talent I.e. knows how to play, not just athlete
*doesnt lack for pressure and defensiveness

Clubs got interested when he showed commitment and discipline at Sturt, despite there being little evidence going by his testing that he was anything but a physical specimen and a half

Let’s just say I wonder if a white player would’ve been overlooked in those circumstances?

But obviously I don’t know

Carmo

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do we have a team rule that midfield type players don't leap until their third year on the list? Milera started to show signs of having a good leap last year, had a crack a few times. Never seen gooch even look like getting off the ground! Hopefully Jones and McAdam start a lot sooner than is normal.

At least Doedee started early, although he was a few seasons in anyway...and isn't a mid player.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
On Rory Sloane: "Competitive defender who can also play in the midfield or forward. Wins his own ball, is strong overhead and is excellent in one-on-one situations. Vic Metro U18 representative in 2008 and won the Eastern Ranges Best and Fairest and the TAC Cup Coaches Award. His endurance featured at the NAB AFL Draft Camp where he ranked second in the beep test (14.5) and sixth in the 3km test. His 2.98secs for 20m also showed his all-round athletic excellence. From Upwey-Tecoma FC." See #23 by jo172 at https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/nd-pick-44-rory-sloane-discussion.521433/page-2

Carmo

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
josh kelly is perhaps not as quick as I though and is more tank, he has a pedestrian 3.02 for 20m.
taranto is 3.00

Carmo

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
they should redo the 20m sprint at the end of the beep test, that way we'd get a good understanding of how quick they're likely to look when playing AFL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom