Toast Some wins in this most bizarre of years

Well it works for me. What a year it has been so why not document some wins we are at last seeing.

Not going to write down all the losses because I don't have enough ink in my typewriter to do that. So here are the wins.

I saw the AFLW girls play some very good footy at Geelong and I've awarded them an unofficial Flag, because they would have got the job done if there had have been a GF.
Two from two after completion of round two in the men's comp.
Pick 2 in the forthcoming drafts. (Ignoring that the National Draft pick is notional at best.)
Blakey
Corr

Yes I know that's a pathetic number, but hey, we have to start from somewhere

Last edited:

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pick 2 might only last two more days

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That win against GWS. They got off to a good start beating the Cats comfortably. Travelled there on game day with barely any sleep and we managed to beat them convincingly. A very good defensive effort that set the benchmark for the rest of the season. GWS were rattled and we ran over em.

At that time I thought we were on an upward trajectory... Swans next week should be easy pickings, right? Right?

Ha.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Lots of AFLW highlights - I’ll put Jas killing the Pies in the final at the top.

The comeback against the hyped Saints was good fun, and the GWS win to follow up was really encouraging. By the time we played adelaide expectations were low so that high scoring game was good to see - and seems an even better win in hindsight given the Crows were able to show their capability against other sides.

The Brisbane game was a big win in context, felt like a major turning point for the club - and I’d put the Cats and Eagles games not far behind, showing what our new look/undermanned team could be capable of even against good opposition.

Majak's return to AFL footy.

No matter what came after, for those of us who cheered him on every step of the way, that right there was a massive win.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
LDU
Ben McKay
Curtis Taylor
Simpkin
Flynn Perez

Look forward or you’ll run into a wall

LDU
Ben McKay
Curtis Taylor
Simpkin
Flynn Perez

Look forward or you’ll run into a wall
Kyron Hayden
Jack Mahoney
Tarryn Thomas
Cam Zurharr

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As of now the value or win from finishing second last. Ladder position counts for zero once the season is completed.
We have set ourselves up beautifully. This is well overdue.
We've some mighty fine talent and are about to add further to it. This will be a bitter pill for some in the media to swallow for years to come

Majak's return to AFL footy.

No matter what came after, for those of us who cheered him on every step of the way, that right there was a massive win.

This was the biggest moment stolen from North Members this year.

If that goal happens at Docklands in front of the members wing we'd rip the roof of the joint.

* camera pans to one bloke slow clapping so thrilled he didn't even stand up*

Back