Someone answer some questions for an absolute noob who is out of the loop *Altruist required

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi. I have a list of games that I want to play:
  1. Can I purchase Pokemon HeartGold from the online Nintendo store and play it on one of them new Nintendo Switches
  2. Can you download an Xbox or Playstation emulator on the new Nintendo Switch and play a rom of a game like Redead Demption from 2010 :D
  3. Also, when I came to post this I saw a thread near the top of the page about the recent reboot of the old Crash Bandicoot series and that got my juices flowing as I remembered how much fun that used to be to play and got me thinking about how I would like to play that too once I had completed HeartGold and Redead Demption. Can I port that one too or do I have to buy whatever the latest Playstation handheld device is.
Cheers boyos

Last edited:
1. Nope, you'll either need to buy a DS and a physical copy of HG (which will cost you a pretty penny as it's rare now), or use an emulator on PC.
2. No. You can play the 360 version of Red Dead Redemption on the current Xbox (One), but otherwise you'll need to buy an Xbox 360 or a PS3. I imagine there'll be a digital version of Red Dead Redemption available on PS4 at some stage soon - likely before the sequel releases on PS4 and Xbox One.
3. No; Crash is on PS4. There are rumours that it may come to other consoles down the track, but it releases only on PS4 on the 30th of June.

I would recommend playing HeartGold on a PC emulator and, if you have the money, buying either a PS4 (hoping that Red Dead Redemption becomes available for it down the track), or an Xbox One (hoping that Crash is released for it in the future). If you're not sure which, you can have a look at some of the future releases for both consoles and seeing if any interest you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back