Someone has to pay the price for our retention issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just listened to MMM and BT reckons Gov was as committed to leaving the Crows as Lever was but club offered him more money when Lever went. Sounds like he was pushed a bit to sign. If this is true then he’s a knob and he can get f***ed. Don’t trade the c*** make him suffer and stay at the club. F*** You McGovern.

Nah, this is an opportunity to get a pick for Lukosious (it may take our Melbourne first as well). Well worth trading out McGovern for.

You don’t know if we have the best?

Are you saying there’s even a remote possibility that Burton could be the best head of football in The afl? Or that Hass is the best fitness manager? Or that Hart Campo and Francou are the best line coaches or Clarke is the best ruck coach?

Our footy department needs a thorough external independent review.

Personnel opinion Don't believe Burton or Hart are the best don't rate them in their current job, Don't like Burton but I do believe Hass can do a good job one level down.
Campo not the best but he is not as bad as some believe, too long in the same job. personally, hope he coaching the SANFL next year,
Clarke as a ruck coach must doing something right, as apart from this year the Crows ruck work has been highly regarded, The problem this year was getting a fit ruckman on the field and we still haven't.
Franco was highly rated at Sydney so jury out after 1 year. same with Hart but I am hoping he leaves.
But aren't they only a part of the picture. albeit a big part of the football picture.
How are we at recruitment, how good is our medical staff, Physio's, what about the guys going out and getting sponsors, or setting up alternate revenue streams, or the guys buying all the training equipment?,
Don't get focus on one or two stuff ups, Target them by all means.

Just curious
Has anyone noticed the timings of the article's about him being disgruntled?. they all come after Signing and extensions.
Oct rumor after Gibbs signed,
Jan Feb rumors after Smith and M Crouch

June/July rumors after Lynch, and then Sloane,
Can you please point out these rumours? I am comfortable the June July ones are correct. I hadnt heard anything in October or January.

Just some food for thought.
In 5 years the Crows have changed CEO. COO, several Coaches, Couple of line coaches, List manager, Football manager, over Half the board, The Fitness team,

COO - sham recruitment process; downgrade.
CEO - we finally allowed a cheat to leave; hardly a positive and proactive move.
Coaches - Sando was a muppet, that was obvious; we extended his contract and then sacked him.
Line Coaches - mostly quality ones leaving, resulting in downgrades.
Football Manager - massive downgrade.
List Manager - time will tell, looks alright so far.
Board - stacked it with supporters of the incumbents?
Fitness Team - a huge fuxking downgrade; should be unforgivable.

Can you please point out these rumours? I am comfortable the June July ones are correct. I hadnt heard anything in October or January.
Maclure mentioned the October. and earlier this year mention there were murmurs in January. The October one he mentions the money Gibb was getting was an issue for Gov.
Also one of our prominent BF posters mentioned it, the one who nearly always correct. and get his info from Players or ex-players. Tak--- cannot recall his full title. hope someone can.
One I will have to say I am sorry as its looking like he was correct. AGAIN.
PS there is an article out there that mention the murmurs

Maclure mentioned the October. and earlier this year mention there were murmurs in January. The October one he mentions the money Gibb was getting was an issue for Gov.
Also one of our prominent BF posters mentioned it, the one who nearly always correct. and get his info from Players or ex-players. Tak--- cannot recall his full title. hope someone can.
One I will have to say I am sorry as its looking like he was correct. AGAIN.
PS there is an article out there that mention the murmurs
Then they should be asy for you to find

COO - sham recruitment process; downgrade.
CEO - we finally allowed a cheat to leave; hardly a positive and proactive move.
Coaches - Sando was a muppet, that was obvious; we extended his contract and then sacked him.
Line Coaches - mostly quality ones leaving, resulting in downgrades.
Football Manager - massive downgrade.
List Manager - time will tell, looks alright so far.
Board - stacked it with supporters of the incumbents?
Fitness Team - a huge fuxking downgrade; should be unforgivable.

CEO at the time we brought in a highly regard CEO
COO cannot complian about him as much as I would like to he doing a very good job.
Coaches we brought in Pyke to replace Walsh
Line Coaches they were good enough last year. but Hart I give you Campo needs a change
Football Manager give you that one. his first year has been a big issue
Board, please be realistic. the only board members who has served longer than 5 years are Chapman and Hazel.
Ellis-2017, Fellows-2015, Fennell 2017, McDowell 2017, and all the supporters voted in Mark Ricciuto and Rod Jameson,
Fitness team yes there are problems, but mainly with 2 people, Burton and Hass, the rest of the team including the medical staff are not a major problem. and some of them highly regarded. even the newer ones, can you name them.

Then they should be asy for you to find

They are and have been posted serval times, some in the old Gov topic but there are over 100 pages, so find them your self. I only remember as a few Posters got stuck into me for disagreeing with what was said, s**t maybe you were one of the posters who had a dig a me back then for disagreeing.
While the Macclure ones have been posted in the newer gov topic
here one, but twitter is full of others and I am not a twitter user so I have no Idea how to get old twits.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-preference-for-victoria-20180612-p4zl1t.html

He is an A grade talent.
Cant believe you are down playing our retention records. Its indefensible.
Is McGovern an issue on our retention record? Or is it simply him and his management are exploring a whopping pay rise?

If it's a retention issue in a club sense, why didn't Sloane/Seeds pack their bags and leave?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is an A grade talent.
Cant believe you are down playing our retention records. Its indefensible.

He's definitely not at the moment. He's a very good young forward but is prone to going missing, and is a below average set shot.

I'm also not playing down the retention record. Just saying that we've signed everyone we want this year, the one person considering (apparently) leaving is contracted and we would be mad not to use that as a way to try and land some of the best young SA talent for a decade. I'm also saying that player movements are becoming increasingly common, so every time a player leaves doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. Perhaps they just want more money...

lol another Lie. So many fibs :D

Everyone knows you’ve got a real offer on the table that you’re squibbing.
I dont care about your rising star bet. I care about what I said he would be and thats a gun. Make up any bet you want to try and give yourself an out. Maybe a bet if he is AA, or wins the Brownlow in his first year. Its a strawman bet.
So I take it that you wont take up my bet then? Either on Rankine or Fog? No wonder you picked the name Sanders, being the chicken you are.

I dont care about your rising star bet. I care about what I said he would be and thats a gun. Make up any bet you want to try and give yourself an out. Maybe a bet if he is AA, or wins the Brownlow in his first year. Its a strawman bet.
So I take it that you wont take up my bet then? Either on Rankine or Fog? No wonder you picked the name Sanders, being the chicken you are.

I can only deal with one loopy whackadoodle at a time, you’ll have to wait

That’s not the point though, the issue is why are these guys wanting to leave?
Some leave because they're chasing $$$, others for family reasons (genuine and not), others could be from personality clashes. Who knows? They're young blokes, they're human, they have their own reasons. Why blame the Club or the Club culture?
I prefer to look at the blokes who have stayed by re-signing, most significantly Sloaney who could have left and probably got more dough. More stay, than leave. The issue is why are those blokes wanting to stay? (Hint: must be some good things keeping them at the Crows, to create such loyalty ;))

Let's take Paul Seedsman's word for it:
"“I love it here and the footy club has been fantastic since I arrived, so it’s good to be able to repay their confidence in me.
“Even though it’s been a frustrating year, the culture here couldn’t be better.
“The players and coaches are all committed to getting better and we’ll be back up there next year.” ".

Some leave because they're chasing $$$, others for family reasons (genuine and not), others could be from personality clashes. Who knows? They're young blokes, they're human, they have their own reasons. Why blame the Club or the Club culture?
I prefer to look at the blokes who have stayed by re-signing, most significantly Sloaney who could have left and probably got more dough. More stay, than leave. The issue is why are those blokes wanting to stay? (Hint: must be some good things keeping them at the Crows, to create such loyalty ;))

Let's take Paul Seedsman's word for it:
"“I love it here and the footy club has been fantastic since I arrived, so it’s good to be able to repay their confidence in me.
“Even though it’s been a frustrating year, the culture here couldn’t be better.
“The players and coaches are all committed to getting better and we’ll be back up there next year.” ".
The trend is such that every year the top teams will be bound to lose 1 or 2 of their star and/or potential star players. Bottom rank teams often have much more salary cap space and can afford to dish out huge money to dangle at players from other clubs.
Even if we lose Gov, this is an individual issue, not a club issue. Hammies epidemic , on the other hand, IS a club issue!

Danger- was always leaving just of matter of when
Davis/Bock- received offers there would of been crazy to turn down
Gunston- was always leaving probably from the moment he was drafted

those 4 players above i doubt the club could have done anything else to keep them.
We could have played Gunston in the seniors, but the rest I agree with. In part, the Tippett stuff was us panicking over him going to the Gold Coast so we effectively lost Bock, Davis and 2 first rounders to the expansion.

There has been talk of recruiting zones etc. by the AFL.

Has the club come forward and requested any priority on South Australians at the draft, much like the NSW and QLD clubs get? If not, why not?

I know it's too late for this year, but there doesn't seem to be any push for this. It only seems the last year or two that the club has acknowledged there is a problem with a go home factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back