Rumour Someone in the AFL out to Get Eddie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some one out to get Ed? Perhaps.
Ed still pedalling a billion dollar stadium move, not helping himself....

Can we stop referring to reporters who are just trying to do their job so derogatorily? It's not funny and it's not cool.
On the whole we'd all be better off being more polite with one another.
Obscene name calling is never a good idea, in my view.
That said journalists are doing their job and should be afforded some level of courtesy.

Though it is undeniable that at times they run to an agenda. It's the easy writing piece to cast Collingwood as the bogan club, toothless supporters, or whatever other cliche has lived through the ages.

Supporters have a right, I feel, to call them out on it. And they the journalists in turn can defend themselves.

Then it can be suggested that say Ms Wilson has long run an agenda particularly against Dane Swan and Ed McGuire. Deserved or not, it certainly comes across that way.

My biggest issue with Ms Wilson is more that when she writes, speaks etc she seems to have absolute relish in detailing things from the worst of people. She comes across as seeing the world in a deep dark place.

Mr Robinson? Unfortunately for him he comes across as not well spoken, doesn't write well, and seems to go for the cheap pub story. Earlier this year he wrote his "drugs" piece, he determined he would ONLY name Collingwood with an estimated number of players being "striked." That's his right, equally Nathan calling him on that point was his right. Rightly or wrongly Mr Robinson has to wear the tag "lower threshold of integrity".

But your main point is about the name calling. And yes that is a very fair call.
A good reminder.

On the whole we'd all be better off being more polite with one another.
Obscene name calling is never a good idea, in my view.
That said journalists are doing their job and should be afforded some level of courtesy.

Though it is undeniable that at times they run to an agenda. It's the easy writing piece to cast Collingwood as the bogan club, toothless supporters, or whatever other cliche has lived through the ages.

Supporters have a right, I feel, to call them out on it. And they the journalists in turn can defend themselves.

Then it can be suggested that say Ms Wilson has long run an agenda particularly against Dane Swan and Ed McGuire. Deserved or not, it certainly comes across that way.

My biggest issue with Ms Wilson is more that when she writes, speaks etc she seems to have absolute relish in detailing things from the worst of people. She comes across as seeing the world in a deep dark place.

Mr Robinson? Unfortunately for him he comes across as not well spoken, doesn't write well, and seems to go for the cheap pub story. Earlier this year he wrote his "drugs" piece, he determined he would ONLY name Collingwood with an estimated number of players being "striked." That's his right, equally Nathan calling him on that point was his right. Rightly or wrongly Mr Robinson has to wear the tag "lower threshold of integrity".

But your main point is about the name calling. And yes that is a very fair call.
A good reminder.
Can we have this post enshrined on point of entry to the Pies board?

Excellent, exactly what I was trying to say, but put so much more eloquently than I could.

Can we have this post enshrined on point of entry to the Pies board?

Excellent, exactly what I was trying to say, but put so much more eloquently than I could.
Blush

Remove this Banner Ad

Back