Somersets Shaving Oil

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2003
Werribee
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone else use this stuff? I started using it about 2 months ago and declare it to be awesome.

Comes in a tiny bottle about the size of an eye dropper and it lasts for ages. It's easily the closest shave I've had and I don't get rashes anymore. After trying it I can't understand why anyone would use a shaving cream, foam or gel.

http://www.somersets.com.au/index.html

I've got a bottle of the "extra sensitive" stuff under the sink and I'm gonna give that a try once my regular oil runs out. See which one I like best.

Yup agree. Bought it the day before I went overseas as I wanted something that would fit in my toiletries bag. Though I used to like the Gilette shaving cream, its nowhere near as good as this stuff. I find I need more than 3 drops of it but it is a closer shave and I as well dont get any rashes anymore. Good stuff!

my electric shaver effed up a few weeks ago, and i havent bothered replacing it as i've gotten used to using a normal razor again...

seen this stuff, (the little baby face)... and havent found anyone else who had used it... thanks for the tips guys... will definitely give it a go now... cheers...

• Banned
I use about 4-5 drops but it still lasts for ages. I find that you really need to let it sit for at least 30 seconds like it says on the bottle before shaving too. That little wait makes a hell of a difference in terms of how easily the blade glides and allows for a closer shave. I also like how it's a clear oil and you can see the hairs that you're shaving not like when you have foam on your face. And as mentioned above - the razor lasts for ages and you don't get the rubber bits or the lubricating strip all messed up.

I swear by it, have been using it for a year or so. There is a King of Shaves oil which is also good.

As a bonus it really makes it easy if you have facial hair to ensure you get the shape right (cheers Movember!)

Bloody hell! This is just what I need.

And just when I thought BF had gone mad, sanity has prevailed and once again we are all united though the one great medium........shaving crea....er.......oil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked up a bottle today after reading this thread. Was certainly a different experience not having to use any cream, but it did go alright so I think you're looking at another convert.

I tried to get some today at Woolworths (bought myself a new mach 3 and 8 blades) but they didn't have any. Need to test the mach 3 with the same shaving gel so I can compare before I go onto the Somersets.

Been using the "extra sensitive" for a week now and I think I'll stick with that over the regular oil. My face is pretty much like the baby on the packet so I need the sensitive to minimise rashes even further on my neck.

And I use the mach 3. Used to use a twin blade when I was a Nivea Gel man because I'd get a closer shave than the mach 3 but would have to be more careful. Now with Somersets the mach 3 just glides easily.

Picked up a bottle today after reading this thread. Was certainly a different experience not having to use any cream, but it did go alright so I think you're looking at another convert.

I have looked in Supermarkets and can't find it - where do you buy it everyone seems to say its good stuff

Gee I should have paid more attention when I first read about this. You can use it with electric razors apparently. So I try it, and yep - another convert. My chin hasn't felt like that in 10 years!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back