Something else to ward off the boredom - best Port high marks

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there footage of Danny Morton going up for a screamer around 97/98 season and coming down awkwardly?

I seem to remember it was very close to causing serious neck/spinal injuries.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Is there footage of Danny Morton going up for a screamer around 97/98 season and coming down awkwardly?

I seem to remember it was very close to causing serious neck/spinal injuries.

I was only 8, but I remember Greg Phillips taking a great mark v Sturt at Footy Park in 1980. Was probably just before his body shape was too big to get off the ground and take a screamer.

Huppatz - 45 seconds into video.

The other thing I remember about that game is my mate losing his temper in the last quarter, as Norwood drew closer and closer. After each Redlegs goal, he banged his footy budget on the back of the seat in front of us (thankfully nobody was sitting there), and in the process, he destroyed his wrist watch :).

First one that comes to mind.

this is head and shoulders my favourite Port Adelaide mark. The mark probably isn’t the biggest or best, but I was at that game. I flew my Mum over for the game, who I hadn’t seen in over 2 year and it was a perfect day.

Being a Port Adelaide supporter is frustrating, but games like this makes it worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks

How good was the Power chant. I miss our loud and passionate crowds from the early AFL days.

A lot of us have lost enthusiasm in recent years under Hinkley, along with newbies who jumped on board the Adelaide Oval train who are just there for the fun of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back