News Something positive - Kick & Catch this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, it's such an easy thing to do, hold a few security staff back an extra half hour and let everyone on the field.
Kids love it, especially night games under lights.

I mentioned it in some other thread, it also keeps some people from leaving immediately putting less congestion on the bridge, and transport.

See you out there everyone.

I'm the big middle aged dude whose kicking looks like a combo of a left footed Butcher and Ingerson.

Yep, it's such an easy thing to do, hold a few security staff back an extra half hour and let everyone on the field.
Kids love it, especially night games under lights.

I mentioned it in some other thread, it also keeps some people from leaving immediately putting less congestion on the bridge, and transport.

See you out there everyone.

I'm the big middle aged dude whose kicking looks like a combo of a left footed Butcher and Ingerson.

So you're in line to be drafted by us?

Will be great, I'll definitely be going out on the turf, should get some good photo's! Will also help a bit with congestion on the bridge too!

This also shows how far Adelaide Oval has come, the SACA would NEVER ever let you on the ground after SANFL games, so this will be a real treat. The last time I went on the sacred turf was when I was 10 years old and played Kanga Cricket at the lunch break of a shield game in the mid 1980's!!

nope

"I'm the big middle aged dude whose kicking looks like a combo of a left footed Butcher and Ingerson."
so... ian perrie?

Chance to audition for a spot in the development squad?

After 10 beers my judgement of the flight of the ball ain't too flash lol.

have they clarified if this is a one off, ongoing thing or something that may happen say 4-5 times throughout the year?

cant get there this weekend but would love the chance to see the ground from out on the turf itself at some point

have they clarified if this is a one off, ongoing thing or something that may happen say 4-5 times throughout the year?

cant get there this weekend but would love the chance to see the ground from out on the turf itself at some point

2 times for us, 2 times for Port.

2 times for us, 2 times for Port.
better than a 1 off i guess but youd think it could easily happen more

would prob help get more numbers to the after match functions around the ground also as it takes ages for players to appear (understandably) which puts people off waiting. If kids could kick the footy for a while then go to the shed then the wait wouldnt be so bad for families

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This shouldn't even be a discussion, it should just happen for every game (bar inclement weather) - not negotiable.

But not for games that finish after 10pm, because there would be light restrictions.

It didn't happen at every game at AAMI, and it will be the same at AO.

But not for games that finish after 10pm, because there would be light restrictions.

It didn't happen at every game at AAMI, and it will be the same at AO.

Serious, the lights have to be off at 10:30pm?? My god those North Adelaide Nannies go to bed early.

Sleepy old Geelong can keep the lights on after our night game there for a kick and a catch but Adelaide Oval can't - god we are pathetic.

Serious, the lights have to be off at 10:30pm?? My god those North Adelaide Nannies go to bed early.

Sleepy old Geelong can keep the lights on after our night game there for a kick and a catch but Adelaide Oval can't - god we are pathetic.
It was the same at Aami

Geelong is a country town.

Do they have kick and catch at the MCG?

Its not just us.

Will give us a chance to see just how shallow those pockets are.

Was it just me, or did it seem like both teams were nailing shots from more "difficult" angles on the weekend?
The pockets are very shallow, I sat in one during training and you can see a lot of daylight between the posts as soon as you start moving around a bit..
It's because the ground isn't very wide so as soon as the boundary line starts heading out from the behind post, it starts turning instead of running into the pocket a bit and then turning.. Right on the boundary 20 or so metres out gives a lot of goal to look at, there will be many "from the boundary" goals kicked at this ground..

Anyone seated in a position to notice this (or if you head onto the ground), have a look..

The pockets are very shallow, I sat in one during training and you can see a lot of daylight between the posts as soon as you start moving around a bit..
It's because the ground isn't very wide so as soon as the boundary line starts heading out from the behind post, it starts turning instead of running into the pocket a bit and then turning.. Right on the boundary 20 or so metres out gives a lot of goal to look at, there will be many "from the boundary" goals kicked at this ground..

Anyone seated in a position to notice this (or if you head onto the ground), have a look..
Typical Adelaide Oval............score a century on it.... no one cares! ....Bag a check side from the pocket.......meh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back