Review Something Something HOW ******* GOOOD - Week 1 Finals Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Nowhere near as boring as anti gambling flogs telling people how to live
I agree. Good thing I'm not telling anyone how to live then. Reading posts about multis and payouts in gameday threads is like a sportbet ad after a goal.šŸ¤®

Actually pretty indifferent to gambling, not my cup of tea but it's the ads infiltrating so much of the game that shits me. I'm surprised that anyone could lose money on it. I would say definitely give it another go this week.

Last edited:
I disagree if that poster is strictly stating they could have taken Amiss. No way they do that with McKay and Curnow. If they were to use it on an Erasmus or Johnson then, yeah, they probably will if they both reach the heights we think they can and if Cerra doesn't improve.
But even if Carlton picked them, they would still be at the mercy of Carlton's development. I'm pretty confident Carlton will get more out of Cerra than they will out of their other first round picks from the last 6 drafts (bar Walsh). Petrevski-Seton (pick 6), Dow (3), O'Brein (10), Stocker (19), Kemp (17), Philp (20)

But even if Carlton picked them, they would still be at the mercy of Carlton's development. I'm pretty confident Carlton will get more out of Cerra than they will out of their other first round picks from the last 6 drafts (bar Walsh). Petrevski-Seton (pick 6), Dow (3), O'Brein (10), Stocker (19), Kemp (17), Philp (20)
Hey... You can't include Dow in that list of spuds. He turns into Patrick Dangerfield mk.2 every time we play you lot and then goes back to being an all time plodder the day after. Show some respect to the champion

Hey... You can't include Dow in that list of spuds. He turns into Patrick Dangerfield mk.2 every time we play you lot and then goes back to being an all time plodder the day after. Show some respect to the champion
THAT ******* Newnes game where Dow looked like an AA mid...

I don't always agree with you but I agree with this.

Loving Freo does not invert to Hating Eagles. You're allowed to not give a s**t about them or observe them neutrally, hell you can even afford them respect at certain junctures. I never enjoyed the Willie Rioli debacle to the same level many posters here did because seeing an amazing Indigenous talent putting his career and livelihood at risk gave me zero joy whatsoever. Shane Yarran is still raw to me.

I joined this forum in my early 20s when I felt I had to blast certain clubs or face expulsion.

Eventually, Freo fans will evolve through success to hate no one but professionally pick them apart out of sheer necessity. That's the dream anyway.

With all due respect, what self-righteous drivel. An assertion that you're better than others and more evolved because you feel any way about how others view other teams is complete garbage - very Eagle-like in its arrogance actually.

You can feel however you want about another club or clubs and I won't take issue with you. I have mates who support us and dislike many teams more than the Eagles. That's fine with me, I don't think I'm a better supporter than them because of it. I certainly don't think I'm a better person becasue of it.

You're right that loving Freo doesn't HAVE to invert to hating the Eagles, but if it doesn't then that doesn't make you a better supporter or person than those for whom it does which is what you've suggested.

"Hating" a team is part of the tribal element of sport which makes it so much fun and why it means so much to so many. Even the most successful teams have teams who their supporters hate "en masse". Ask the Hawks about Essendon or Geelong about Hawks or vice verca. Try to get a reasoned conversation about Collingwood from Carlton supporters or vice verca. All pretty successful clubs at different times whose supporters must be similarly unevolved.

I do agree on the Junior Rioli thing (if you're taking the moral high ground then at least pay the man the cultural respect he deserves) to an large extent. I took no joy in what he went through and didn't think it was worth celebrating at all. I did however object to the Eagles supporters in the media and in social circles saying he should be let off based on little more than who he played for and the fact they supported them.

The prelim in 2013 I sat near a bloke in a WC jersey. He was sad all night and only cheered when Sydney scored. After that moment I no longer hated Eagles fans. I merely feel sorry for them. Their lives have so little external pleasure and joy they need a successful club to provide them a personality. They're deranged for sure, falsely arrogant too!, but mostly they're just insecure, scared little people who fear their beloved teams failure will ultimately shine a light encapsulating just how much of dull, pathetic life they lead.

Plus most of them smell bad.

With all due respect, what self-righteous drivel. An assertion that you're better than others and more evolved because you feel any way about how others view other teams is complete garbage - very Eagle-like in its arrogance actually.

You can feel however you want about another club or clubs and I won't take issue with you. I have mates who support us and dislike many teams more than the Eagles. That's fine with me, I don't think I'm a better supporter than them because of it. I certainly don't think I'm a better person becasue of it.

You're right that loving Freo doesn't HAVE to invert to hating the Eagles, but if it doesn't then that doesn't make you a better supporter or person than those for whom it does which is what you've suggested.

"Hating" a team is part of the tribal element of sport which makes it so much fun and why it means so much to so many. Even the most successful teams have teams who their supporters hate "en masse". Ask the Hawks about Essendon or Geelong about Hawks or vice verca. Try to get a reasoned conversation about Collingwood from Carlton supporters or vice verca. All pretty successful clubs at different times whose supporters must be similarly unevolved.

I do agree on the Junior Rioli thing (if you're taking the moral high ground then at least pay the man the cultural respect he deserves) to an large extent. I took no joy in what he went through and didn't think it was worth celebrating at all. I did however object to the Eagles supporters in the media and in social circles saying he should be let off based on little more than who he played for and the fact they supported them.
For mine, I have enough WC friends to know that the stereotyping is stereotyping for the most part. Really, most WC fans have more in common with us than fans of other clubs, it's probably why I find their board so funny.

Sadly, the people of the examples above would be found at all clubs, particularly successful ones because they tie their self-worth with the club they support. The ones that act like when their football club they choose to support when they were little is successful, they are successful, every club has them, we just havent got a chance to see ours yet haha.

I get the rivalry though, so long as people lean into it as a bit of fun, some take it too far or take it personally. Need to be able to cop it on the chin unlike soccer fans where it's clearly unhealthy given fans of opposing clubs cant sit in the same block as eachother. Take Wosh's Eagles board posts for example, some didnt like it but she'll be the first to have a laugh at herself when we came back and I know I can "like" a couple of her posts and she'll get a laugh out of it.

Ed Richards was beside himself after the Freddy tackle and Sonny goal, he new it was over and he's cost them the game. I felt sorry for him at that moment. Didn't last long though.

The look on his face as he's about to be tackled by Freddy is like a baby antelope about to be devoured by a crocodile, just this primal fear lol

Did anyone else hear a few strains of the Volga Boatmen on electric guitar, right before bouncedown?

I loved it. Can we please have it every home game?!
You heard right. It was pretty good. I don't recall him doing it before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing that I noticed at the game and again when I watched the replay. The dogs were spent after 3/4 time. We were just chipping the ball around under no pressure and they couldn't get to contests.

Our SnC team (and the Brayshaw 100x100s) has done a bloody awesome job this year.
the passage that ended with a Brodie missed shot was ridiculous, chipping the ball around and transitioned with so much ease.

After the GF in 2013, there was a bloke on one of the walkovers going out of the MCG in Hawthorn beanie and scarf, looking glum. I said "cheer up mate, your team won!". He replied "Oh, I'm a West Coast supporter, just came across to cheer against the Dockers"

And since then, I have hated West Coast and their supporters.
What an absolute indictment! I wouldn't expect any less though.
My pet peeve in regard to the slime supporters at present, are such scornful comments along the lines of, "I just can't support the 'purples'. They have no club culture."

Such statements are always made in the most condescending of tones, and if that isn't enough, they're implying that the colour purple carries some form of shame and embarrassment. It's not only pathetic, it's also homophobic and discriminatory.

the passage that ended with a Brodie missed shot was ridiculous, chipping the ball around and transitioned with so much ease.
Just quietly wtf was Brodie doing there.. take your 30seconds, we aren't bloody Carlton. Was like 2mins left up 12. Felt like we were up 40 given momentum but nevertheless it was only 2 goals

My pet peeve in regard to the slime supporters at present, are such scornful comments along the lines of, "I just can't support the 'purples'. They have no club culture."

Such statements are always made in the most condescending of tones, and if that isn't enough, they're implying that the colour purple carries some form of shame and embarrassment. It's not only pathetic, it's also homophobic and discriminatory.
An Eagles supporting colleague told me yesterday that he hates Fyfe and thinks heā€™s a poor captain, because heā€™s too much of an individual. When asked for an example he said ā€œIn clips from training heā€™s the only one wearing tightsā€.

LOL

An Eagles supporting colleague told me yesterday that he hates Fyfe and thinks heā€™s a poor captain, because heā€™s too much of an individual. When asked for an example he said ā€œIn clips from training heā€™s the only one wearing tightsā€.

LOL
Confused Married With Children GIF

Our club culture lead to our YOUNG group being disciplined enough and committed enough to stay away from the nightclubs to prevent COVID from derailing our season.

serioiusly, where do these people get off?

Donā€™t let it get to you. I listened to a podcast with Crowley the other day and he said he was initially a tiny bit worried about the booing he got from the opposition and had a chat to the team shrink. They asked him if they boo when he is playing bad? No they donā€™t, they only boo him when heā€™s destroying their best player.

Use it as fuel that weā€™re getting to them. I see them coming full circle in about 5 years when they still havenā€™t made finals. I hope we donā€™t go too hard and keep the banter fun. Weā€™re better than them.

Just finished watching the replay. Was it just me or did Logue seem really annoyed all game?

He did have a frustrating day at the office but even when he kicked a snag to give us the lead he didnā€™t even seem that happy about it

Just finished watching the replay. Was it just me or did Logue seem really annoyed all game?

He did have a frustrating day at the office but even when he kicked a snag to give us the lead he didnā€™t even seem that happy about it
Yeah not just you. Looked pissed all game. Also looked annoyed when amiss got a mark instead of him from that young kick

Yeah not just you. Looked pissed all game. Also looked annoyed when amiss got a mark instead of him from that young kick

Yeah there were a couple of moments that caught the eye, definitely doesnā€™t seem to enjoy playing forward anymore

What I was drunk when I wrote that I can't stand the Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back