Prediction Something special is brewing on the Gold Coast in 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

They play north 2x, crows, hawks again (In tassie), pies at home, eagles again. Thats possible 6 extra wins on top of the 5 they have right now. Add in any upsets. They also play essendon.

I don't see why if they can bank most of these wins, they can't play finals.

Strange opinion, he's been fine this season. Especially with 5 goal performance in a loss last week
200.gif

They got a steal in rosas. They got access to him thru the Darwin connection. I think cal twomey had him at pick 12 in his phantom draft midway in 2019 👍
Don’t think so. Rosas never particularly highly rated, second round maybe if that.

Jeffrey on the other hand was highly touted and had been mooted as a top 25 or so pick if available in the open draft.

Right on track to equal their only 10-win season, should probably be aiming a little higher than that with a favourable draw in upcoming weeks.

Very convincing win against an inept Hawthorn team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They play north 2x, crows, hawks again (In tassie), pies at home, eagles again. Thats possible 6 extra wins on top of the 5 they have right now. Add in any upsets. They also play essendon.

I don't see why if they can bank most of these wins, they can't play finals.
Essendon made finals outright with 11 wins last year and although I don't like the idea of penciling in wins, I think it's probably fair to say we'll beat North Melbourne next week. That gets us to 6 wins for the season with 10 games to go. So if you assume 11 wins gets you in (I know it doesn't always work like that) then we would need to win 50% of our remaining games and as you pointed out, we play all of the bottom four teams over that stretch. In fact, we play just 2 of the current top 8 teams in our remaining 11 games for the season.

The opportunity is there. It's up to the boys to decide if they want it.

Amazing how they seemingly have gone past the Giants (which is a reflection on how rubbish Leon Cameron was as coach)
Still got guns to come back too like King and Flanders (Ned is going to be a very good player)

Amazing how they seemingly have gone past the Giants (which is a reflection on how rubbish Leon Cameron was as coach)
Still got guns to come back too like King and Flanders (Ned is going to be a very good player)

I think King would be looking pretty damn impressive this year in the Gold Coast side had he not done his ACL.

Suns coming off a great victory and play North next week?

They are so going to lose. It's in their DNA.
Would have believed you after the Sydney win, but backing it up with the Freo win gave me some hope.

I am so close to trusting this team. If they get past North in Darwin and then the Crows at Metricon, 2 game they will be expected to win, I will trust this team.

Suns coming off a great victory and play North next week?

They are so going to lose. It's in their DNA.

They absolutely are not. Miller and Witts have this side full of belief. They backed up against Sydney with Freo, pushed the Dogs for 4 quarters, thumped Hawks.

They'll thump us and up in the heat at Tio if it's a bit slippery, the bet of the round may be North to score under 30.

5-6

North - Win
Adelaide - Win
@ Port - 50/50
Collingwood - 50/50
Richmond - 50/50
@ Essendon - 70/30
@ Brisbane - 30/70
WC - Win
@ Hawthorn - 50/50
Geelong - 50/50
@ North - Win

12-13 wins for the year. Probably miss finals on 12 but make it on 13

They could get as high as 14 wins which is probably a home game 1st week of finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back