Generalissimo

His Excellency
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
That umpire Humphery-Smith is an incompetent fool. Couldn't bounce straight, didn't make a correct decision all day, got underfoot and basically acted like he didn't know what sport he was umpiring. At least he was equally hopeless towards both teams.

He got in Clarke's way, obstructing the kick Clarkey was going to shoot off and forcing him to take an extra few steps. Calls Clarke for running too far. Moron.

Then he paid a dodgy free kick to Gary Ablett for too high, when it was well under the shoulder. Should have been holding the ball.

I know there are some ordinary umps in the competition, but how this guy gets a run is beyond me. It just shows how far removed from reality the umpiring system is.

There is a scientific formula that covers this :-

Cats play x Cats lose = incompetent and biased umpires...

Same formula gets brought out every year.....

Originally posted by crudbucket
There is a scientific formula that covers this :-

Cats play x Cats lose = incompetent and biased umpires...

Same formula gets brought out every year.....

"equally hopeless both ways" = He sucked but I know he had no influence on the result.

Read. My. Post. Before. You. Reply. You. Idiot.

Is that slow enough? Do you need me to dumb it down for you?

Originally posted by localyokel
It was close to the worst umpiring exhibition I have ever seen.

This gets said every week, every year by fans of all teams. I take no notice now.

I sat home and watched the match on TV and I didn't have any problem with the umpiring.

This is a goose:

goose.jpg

Please note the white body and orange legs.

Now boys and girls, do we know something else that has a white body and orange legs?

006280aw.jpg

Originally posted by Dan26
This gets said every week, every year by fans of all teams. I take no notice now.

I sat home and watched the match on TV and I didn't have any problem with the umpiring.

Not by me it doesnt bucko. When I say it I mean it.

Originally posted by Dan26
Whatever. We'll hear it a million more times before the end of the season by disgruntled fans. Don't let it bother you.

Fairy 'nuff.

I hate blaming umpires but when they were as dire as they were today something needs to be said.

Mr Eagle,

That quite possibly, is the funniest thing to be posted on BF this year....I'm still LMAO as I type this! :D:D

Right up there with the 'Cheesy AFL.com photoshoped Carey pic' thread of last year and the Dennis Cometti thread.

Cheers, and thanks,

Kasey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From where I stood,

The Cats got an absolutely blessed run from the men in white today. The only free kicks the Dogs got appeared to be from out-on-the-full!

Then, in the last quarter, the Dogs got a whole host of ridiculous frees, including a 50-m penalty that clearly was very harsh on Geelong.

Dimmatina and Harrison both got given frees for...well...having their hair combed?

The umpiring was shocking. The Cats had it all in the first three, and couldn't make good with it. The Dogs had a stack of 'favourable' calls in the last, just as Geelong looked much better.

Go figure.

Originally posted by evertonfc
The Cats had it all in the first three,
Given Geelong didn't get a free in the 1st qtr, I suspect that may be a hard argument to justify.

Though I thought the umps probably found that out at qtr time because I thought the 2nd went their way.

Originally posted by Mr Eagle
This is a goose:

goose.jpg

Now boys and girls, do we know something else that has a white body and orange legs?

006280aw.jpg
Don't forget the orange head that they both seem to have. :D

if there was a post of the year award it has already been decided in round 1. Mr Eagle - ABSOLUTE CLASSIC STUFF!!!! LOL.

Originally posted by Generalissimo
Then he paid a dodgy free kick to Gary Ablett for too high, when it was well under the shoulder. Should have been holding the ball.
I thought that was fair enough. The tackler's - Dimmatina was it? - arm was around his shoulder from the moment he laid the tackle.

Re: Re: Something we can all agree on.

Originally posted by DaveW
I thought that was fair enough. The tackler's - Dimmatina was it? - arm was around his shoulder from the moment he laid the tackle.
Murphy. I thought it was a dodgy free.

Originally posted by Mr Eagle
This is a goose:

goose.jpg

006280aw.jpg

I thought I'd bump this, too. :D

Absolutely, pure thuckin gold... Well done, Mr. Eagle.

On topic, the umpires today made some ridiculous calls equally favouring both teams-- and for one team's supporters to say that "we get shafted by the umpires, it's our tradition," that's the kind of thing that evens out over time, whether that be a game, a month, a season, whatever.

But I will ask this-- is the standard of umpiring by the so-called "white maggots" sub-standard across the board just this season and last, or is this something which has gone on for a prolonged period of time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back