Rumour Son of AFL "Legend" accused of assault and distributing images

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teenage son of an AFL great is facing serious criminal charges after being arrested by police amid sex crime allegations.
The schoolboy and promising sportsman has been accused of “digital rape” of a 14-year-old girl and posting images of the attack on social media without her permission.

Parents of the distraught girl want police to charge the talented junior athlete after he and two school mates were arrested over the alleged sexual assault and its alleged sharing via mobile phone and social media.

It is believed the girl had been drinking with friends at a Melbourne house party in mid-October and passed out, unaware anything untoward had happened.

But when she attended school the following week, a friend showed her a video circulating on social media allegedly taken while she was unconscious.

A family friend said the girl had been traumatised by the incident and had given a statement to police.

“She’s in a horrific mental state, as any girl of that age would be,’’ he said.

“She doesn’t even want to go to school.’’

The Herald Sun understands the video was allegedly distributed via text message and then posted on social media.

Victoria Police confirmed it was investigating after a video recorded on October 12 was uploaded online.

“The video was posted without consent,” a Victoria Police statement said.

Police said two teenage boys have been issued with cautions for distributing an intimate image.

Another boy is “assisting police with inquiries”, the statement said.

“As the investigation is ongoing it would be inappropriate to comment further.”

The Herald Sun has been told police warned the teen his sporting dream is in jeopardy if convicted.

The rising star could also be added to the sex offender’s register if found guilty.

The teenager is alleged to have helped film the incident on a mobile phone.

It was then shared publicly through a social media app numerous times.

14 year old girl drinking with older boys, but NOW suddenly the parents care enough about her welfare and whereabouts to want immediate and swift police action.

There is a spectrum of course, but nobody looks good in this story.

Just cause you go to the school with someone doesn’t meant your mates on social media or know specifics of events, particularly outside your year level.

Quit while you’re behind.

This demonstrates that you have no concept of how quickly something like this would spread through a school. Word would have got around and the video would have been shared time and time again.

14 year old girl drinking with older boys, but NOW suddenly the parents care enough about her welfare and whereabouts to want immediate and swift police action.

The boys were only 15. That hardly makes them older.

Didn't realise sexual assault was a spectrum.

Unless you are speaking about the color spectrum and photography?

This demonstrates that you have no concept of how quickly something like this would spread through a school. Word would have got around and the video would have been shared time and time again.

Other schools where random kids are been named from this thread. I’ve got no doubt kids at the actual school know.

This isn’t a difficult concept.

Didn't realise sexual assault was a spectrum.

Unless you are speaking about the color spectrum and photography?

Well there are varying degrees of depravity, hence differing lengths of time served or punishment.
That wasn't quite my point though. The allegations are obviously awful.
I just get frustrated at these situations when parents should know their kids better. If you are demanding the authorities throw the book at the offenders (with fair reason), just remember that your energy could have better spent placing more appropriate boundaries on your child in the first place.
Same can and should be said for the offenders as well. Things like this shouldn't happen and I have no issue placing a hefty portion of the blame on the parenting.

This kid's life is totally ruined... but he could be a huge benefit to the community if in the future he visited schools to tell his story about sexual violence.

I am sure there are many many people out there who have done similar or worse than him when they were teens but who never got caught/punished.

Well there are varying degrees of depravity, hence differing lengths of time served or punishment.
That wasn't quite my point though. The allegations are obviously awful.
I just get frustrated at these situations when parents should know their kids better. If you are demanding the authorities throw the book at the offenders (with fair reason), just remember that your energy could have better spent placing more appropriate boundaries on your child in the first place.
Same can and should be said for the offenders as well. Things like this shouldn't happen and I have no issue placing a hefty portion of the blame on the parenting.
To a degree. Where do you draw the line between being irresponsible and being overly protective though?

I mean, you can't really blame parents for letting a 14 year old go to a party. I know there are always shitcampaigners out there who do shitcampaigner things and you do need to be wary of it and think about how you can avoid certain situations, but not letting your daughter go to a party with other kids of the same age is a bit extreme. It perfectly reasonable to expect your child to go to a party and not get raped.

You reckon indigenous kids get jailed unjustly? Kids, white and black, get to run up far too lengthy a criminal record prior to incarceration. I wish something could be done to turn the kids around, but without decent parental influence, there’s really not much hope.

It's about money, and the benefit of the doubt people get if they have it

In my s**t school if you ****ed up badly you got sent to Turana. If you went to the local private schools, you got counselled because they didn't want to harm your future prospects.

I remember the council once went on the warpath against out school over us graffitiing trains. Only issue was our school wasn't near the station. Once they figured out it was the prince's going to peninsula, the whole crackdown got shutdown

And that's for a bogan white trash suburb. Have no doubt aboriginal kids have and do cop it worse

To a degree. Where do you draw the line between being irresponsible and being overly protective though?

I mean, you can't really blame parents for letting a 14 year old go to a party. I know there are always shitcampaigners out there who do shitcampaigner things and you do need to be wary of it and think about how you can avoid certain situations, but not letting your daughter go to a party with other kids of the same age is a bit extreme. It perfectly reasonable to expect your child to go to a party and not get raped.

I'll respectfully disagree. Being a parent to a 14 year old means you absolutely have the responsibility to ensure your kids aren't attending the wrong sorts of parties.
Once they get to 16/17 it becomes tougher to prevent them from attending things with their peers though, absolutely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll respectfully disagree. Being a parent to a 14 year old means you absolutely have the responsibility to ensure your kids aren't attending the wrong sorts of parties.
Once they get to 16/17 it becomes tougher to prevent them from attending things with their peers though, absolutely.

How about the parents of the boys teach them to respect women? As opposed to blaming the victims parents.

How about the parents of the boys teach them to respect women? As opposed to blaming the victims parents.

No, no I mentioned that earlier. Both sets of parents. I also mentioned it was beyond awful what allegedly happened.
But some responsibility has to go to the parents and I won't apologise for holding that opinion.

No, no I mentioned that earlier. Both sets of parents. I also mentioned it was beyond awful what allegedly happened.
But some responsibility has to go to the parents and I won't apologize for holding that opinion.
You're kidding yourself if you don't think 14-year-olds aren't disobeying their parents. They might have said she's not allowed to go and went anyway?

Any and all blame goes to the w@nker and his phone...

This kid's life is totally ruined... but he could be a huge benefit to the community if in the future he visited schools to tell his story about sexual violence.

I am sure there are many many people out there who have done similar or worse than him when they were teens but who never got caught/punished.
How is his life ruined? He gets a caution and permanent name suppression? The girl, on the other hand. is in a video that will haunt her forever.

How is his life ruined? He gets a caution and permanent name suppression? The girl, on the other hand. is in a video that will haunt her forever.

Looks like he'll get away with it. We're forever bringing in new laws but nobody has the guts to enforce them.

Posters on here are only interested in his name, not the girl's. The name suppression won't help him much because there are too many people who know.

Relevant article about a College Football player Daniel Hood in the US. He(13 at the time) with another "boy"(17) tied down and raped his cousin(14). He ended up being able to play D1 football and enjoy all the benefits that come with that.

Listen to a sexual deviant explain how he is really a nice guy who just forgot to respect an unconscious girl one night at a party, and decided to film it? Coulda happened to anyone? No thanks, nobody needs that sick f**ker's perspective.

I really couldn't care less about the future of this kid and his photography pals, but i also don't care to know his identity. I just feel for the victim. She's the one who's really going to pay the price long term.

How many young and unconscious girls did you film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back