Entertainment & Music Song contest part 5, host: Sozabarus theme: sleep, noms due Thurs 10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should've been here for Gigantor's 80s clips with keytars and double-headed guitars. Chappy had to give 5 noms to people who were stuck and it would've been 6 had I been beaten to the punch with Whip It! That was the only song I was familiar with that fitted the theme.
Anything with clips *s me. I don't know clips too well.

You should've been here for Gigantor's 80s clips with keytars and double-headed guitars. Chappy had to give 5 noms to people who were stuck and it would've been 6 had I been beaten to the punch with Whip It! That was the only song I was familiar with that fitted the theme.
I burst out laughing when I got the Billy in that round.

Robots was the theme that gave me the most trouble IIRC. Had to end up getting a song from Back One Out.
Same, I ended up nomming Flight of the Conchords which only got me 1 Billy despite the song getting shat on. I would've nommed The Flaming Lips but I nommed them about 2 rounds prior and I usually leave a gap if I nom the same artist/band again.

Not me but I think a few other people have, normally they would give the hosting rights to someone else though unless they're a masochist.

I'd host again. Especially after the ease of this round!

Has anyone won the round they hosted?
Jose was the first. Won Jazz/Blues and then gave us a video games round... which was followed by the wrestling round. Nearly killed the contest.

Last edited:
Same, I ended up nomming Flight of the Conchords which only got me 1 Billy despite the song getting shat on. I would've nommed The Flaming Lips but I nommed them about 2 rounds prior and I usually leave a gap if I nom the same artist/band again.
5 botes for Yoshimi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jose was the first. Won Jazz/Blues and then gave as a video games round... which was followed by the wrestling round. Nearly killed the contest.
Haha lucky I wasn't playing at that point. That and pump up songs would've been hard as * to think of a good nom.

Well the latter wouldn't, but it's probably the vaguest theme of all-time.

Plugger35 said:
Billy - Givin' Up (The Darkness are almost autobilly material for me, horrendous band)
The Justin Hawkins falsetto is a combination of awful, grating, comical and cringeworthy, but he makes me smile. I find myself singing along & tapping my toe.

I would rather listen to "Permission To Land" on endless repeat than "Out Of Time"

I think it's funny that people on here will instabilly pop stars like Taylor Swift and Kanye West, but they'll give votes to latter-day MTV-era sellout R.E.M. It's McDonalds cheeseburgers rock n roll dressed up as "alt rock"

The Justin Hawkins falsetto is a combination of awful, grating, comical and cringeworthy, but I would rather listen to "Permission To Land" on endless repeat than "Out Of Time"

I think it's funny that people on here will instabilly Taylor Swift and Kanye West, but they'll give votes to McREM

I gave votes to both :D

The Justin Hawkins falsetto is a combination of awful, grating, comical and cringeworthy, but I would rather listen to "Permission To Land" on endless repeat than "Out Of Time"

I think it's funny that people on here will instabilly Taylor Swift and Kanye West, but they'll give votes to McREM

how are they comparable?

Jose was the first. Won Jazz/Blues and then gave as a video games round... which was followed by the wrestling round. Nearly killed the contest.

Yeah they were the darkest days of the song contest, I think we got down to less than 15 participants at one stage as the themes were so unappealing.

The Justin Hawkins falsetto is a combination of awful, grating, comical and cringeworthy, but he makes me smile. I find myself singing along & tapping my toe.

I would rather listen to "Permission To Land" on endless repeat than "Out Of Time"

I think it's funny that people on here will instabilly pop stars like Taylor Swift and Kanye West, but they'll give votes to latter-day MTV-era sellout R.E.M. It's McDonalds cheeseburgers rock n roll dressed up as "alt rock"

Out Of Time is one of my least favourite REM albums but I'd still rather listen to it than The Darkness or Taylor Swift and Kanye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back