Song Contest Part XIII, Host: JoshWoodenSpoon, Theme: Woodblocks/Cowbells, Noms Due: Mon 8:45pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its normally referred to as Stoner Rock and tbh isn't really metal.

I think Agent93 was probably being kind in accepting it, but then again he did say some hard rock was ok.
Meh, the original metal round accepted RATM but also rejected Enter Sandman (which I tried to nom). The agent knows a shitload more about metal than I do so whatever he accepts I will assume is fine.

Meh, the original metal round accepted RATM but also rejected Enter Sandman (which I tried to nom). The agent knows a shitload more about metal than I do so whatever he accepts I will assume is fine.
Im not saying it shouldn't have been accepted.
I was responding to The Jesus and his benny... I mean brothers dismay at the concept of metal and weed going together.

Agent made some good choices in admitting these songs. Really good bands among this list

Sounds like bloody EDM as well haha.... o___O and for some reason it's important for people to know what specific EDM genre a song is....
I stuck the genre on just in case someone who is unfamiliar liked a particular tune and wanted to hear more of the same..

I'm down with weed brother, and Master of Puppets was my first Album I brought. They just don't mix
I dont think they are a match made in heaven either but 'stoner rock' undeniably works.
As I said I don't really see it as being metal as such and tend to like the stuff that is well towards the rock end of the genre.
Kyuss for instance is just made for campaigners with red eyes.

I dont think they are a match made in heaven either but 'stoner rock' undeniably works.
As I said I don't really see it as being metal as such and tend to like the stuff that is well towards the rock end of the genre.
Kyuss for instance is just made for campaigners with red eyes.
The Doors is Stoner Rock for me. Melodic, airy tunes that goes round in circles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was tbinking of nomming this but I had already.

You're not the only person who thought of nomming Alcest. Seemed like a couple of folks' second choice.

I know they are Blackgaze but outside of the vocals I thought it was closer to shoegaze than metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back