Song Contest Part XIII, Host: JoshWoodenSpoon, Theme: Woodblocks/Cowbells, Noms Due: Mon 8:45pm AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

por_please_ya

Keep Khan and Carry On
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
East Side Hawks, Strikers, NMFC
Ulahoopski for what it's worth, as long as you think your music taste is the absolute shit (which face it, everyone thinks their own taste is superior :p) then does it matter what us campaigners think?! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
I quoted your votes and tagged agent93 as I'd mentioned to him that you and raskolnikov would definitely vote for Nighwish and Animals as Leaders. Surprise!
More of a surprise that both of those songs had high finishes , as neither of us tend to vote with the masses
But this time, the masses voted with us
Very well deserved win raskolnikov

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Trying to think of a song with the word Imagine in the title but nothing springs to mind.

I liked FFDP in my teens

I also liked disturbed, have you heard of their cover of sound of silence?? It’s shit

Both bands are rubbish
It's not like they're my favourite band, I just listened to a metal playlist after the theme was announced and that was my favourite song.

I thought it was a decent tune and at least it had a sense of fun about it rather than the usual doom and gloom of most metal songs.

por_please_ya

Keep Khan and Carry On
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Quote disappeared - this was for Drunkgoliath lol
Thanks mate, they've got 4 albums and all but the latest is on Spotify. I'd say their second, Şehr-i Hüzün (City of Sorrows), is their best. They've been called the Turkish Linkin Park haha, I can see how they think that.

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
And also why I prefer themes which confer variety ie I avoid genre-based themes and would never pick Pop Rock as a theme, despite my love for that genre and a few others
Also helps that I find it easy to find songs I like from any genre, and most artists too
Might make an exception for Kids' songs someday because of the recent interest in that theme though, but that's about it

Ulahoopski

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Raiders NFL, Mudlarks, GC Royals
Did you vote for my virtually unknown song/artist if variety is your main criterion?
"Unknown" doesn't equal "variety".
I vote for stuff that excites me. More often than not it's something new to me. What I don't do is vote subjectively based on familiarity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
AFL Club
Geelong
"Unknown" doesn't equal "variety".
I vote for stuff that excites me. More often than not it's something new to me. What I don't do is vote subjectively based on familiarity.
You will be pleased to know I gave your track botes but YouTube wouldnt load and I misremembered the title.
I put the clarification (The trippy Japanese shit) but the host credited your botes to someone else and informed me they were Turkish.

Ulahoopski

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Raiders NFL, Mudlarks, GC Royals
Ulahoopski for what it's worth, as long as you think your music taste is the absolute shit (which face it, everyone thinks their own taste is superior :p) then does it matter what us campaigners think?! ;)
Ive never compared my music taste to anyone else's. What matters to me is people getting enjoyment out of a wider variety of music. I find it incredibly sad that so many people can't do so.

por_please_ya

Keep Khan and Carry On
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ive never compared my music taste to anyone else's. What matters to me is people getting enjoyment out of a wider variety of music. I find it incredibly sad that so many people can't do so.
Well, I don't normally listen to metal and whilst I didn't like every song it was good being exposed to something different. Your song was absolutely crazy and can't say I liked it THAT much but the second half was quirky and interesting (and also why I didn't billy you).

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
A few people in this contest nom a wide variety of genres
But I wouldn't consider you one of those people, so love the irony of your comments
Even though it's sweet that your professional empathy applies to the SC too ;)

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
Well, I don't normally listen to metal and whilst I didn't like every song it was good being exposed to something different. Your song was absolutely crazy and can't say I liked it THAT much but the second half was quirky and interesting (and also why I didn't billy you).
"absolutely crazy" is one way of describing it
(?more true of my song though)
His song was more like a disappiontment to you though, it let you down as you have liked most of the previous jap entries in your time in the SC (unlike yours truly!)

Ulahoopski - loved the end of your song
But it was also the most un-metal like part so....... :p
The rest was billyworthy and in fact- you made my billylist
So overall, it sucked :p

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
Taste in music and variety of music are 2 different things aren't they? I want variety regardless of whether I like it. Exposure to new music please.
Cue another Arctic Monkeys nom.
I gave you new music . But you didn't vote for it
Guess you're after something more :p

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Taste in music and variety of music are 2 different things aren't they? I want variety regardless of whether I like it. Exposure to new music please.
Cue another Arctic Monkeys nom.
Then dont make it a competition. Thats the crux of the matter. people want to win. They nom songs that give them a good chance of winning. Those songs are recognisable songs.

You are not going to have a great variety based on a competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom