Song Contest Part XIII, Host: JoshWoodenSpoon, Theme: Woodblocks/Cowbells, Noms Due: Mon 8:45pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late nom added.

Street Walker - Metallica or Ozzy

Lazy Billy: Behexen

Streetwalker is easily Skyhooks. The song title is the theme. Also the most commonly known track.

No contest.

I actually did consider a song from The Hills Have Eyes (2006) score... I was listening to it late last night and giving myself the heebie jeebies. Tomandandy did such a great job with it.

Listening to it creeps me out and I'm not even watching the movie.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the scariest film I saw as a teenager, back when we thought renting out R rated videos was the height of cool.

Found out later that it was only loosely based on a true story and not actually a true version of events, still didn't make it any less scary though.

A horror classic made on a shoestring like Mad Max, the re-make probably had 100 times the budget and was rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember in year 7 I had a day off school for some reason and mum thought we'd go see the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds.

Boy that was a bit more terrifying than she thought.

I went to Gremlins with my Nan when I was 10 and we barely made it to halfway before she dragged us out

I remember in year 7 I had a day off school for some reason and mum thought we'd go see the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds.

OMG I remember seeing that too. Alien films freak me out. I think it stems from, funnily enough, walking in the lounge room as a little girl and my parents were watching the ORIGINAL War of the Worlds. The part where two people are hiding under the bed in the house and the snake-like thing comes looking for them. I think ever since then I've been freaked out by them. Dad also has the John Wayne musical soundtrack of WotW and it's brilliant but terrifying at the same time. Everytime I see Ulahoopski's name I think of the alien's chanting UUUULLLLAAAA hahaha :p
The one part that really grosses me out about WotW (the Tom Cruise version) is when they've gathered all the people in that cage, and they grab a random bloke and drain his blood with their suction pipe things. BLERGH.

I saw that at the movies as an adult and even I thought it was pretty scary in parts, like when that extended eye thing was looking for them in the bunker.

That was directed by Spielberg, he knows how to scare you by building tension, Jaws was scary but it's all in the tension, the actual shark was pretty lame.

The same with War of the Worlds, you never see the actual aliens, it's all the tension he builds by their sheer menacing presence.

OMG I remember seeing that too. Alien films freak me out. I think it stems from, funnily enough, walking in the lounge room as a little girl and my parents were watching the ORIGINAL War of the Worlds. The part where two people are hiding under the bed in the house and the snake-like thing comes looking for them. I think ever since then I've been freaked out by them. Dad also has the John Wayne musical soundtrack of WotW and it's brilliant but terrifying at the same time. Everytime I see Ulahoopski's name I think of the alien's chanting UUUULLLLAAAA hahaha :p
The one part that really grosses me out about WotW (the Tom Cruise version) is when they've gathered all the people in that cage, and they grab a random bloke and drain his blood with their suction pipe things. BLERGH.
Ah, reminds me of footy days. Ulahhhh!

Jeff not John

I saw the first 3 Nightmare on Elm St movies at the cinema as a teenager and they scared the crap out of me. These days they seem more like comedies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back