Song Contest Part XIV, Host: Ulahoopski, Theme: Songs Starting With a Vowel, Votes Due: Wednesday 9pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Charlie Collins - Mexico
4. Astronaut Wife - Cape Canaveral
3. Beach House - Drunk in LA
2. The Knife - N.Y. Hotel
1. Wild Nothing - Chinatown
BM: British India - Summer Forgive Me

Our next round will be brought to us by the lively Lily Serna.

lily-serna-sbs-letters-and-numbers-211222.jpg

LETTERS AND NUMBERS

Song titles must be comprised of both words/letters and numbers. Numbers must be expressed as digits. Example: 99 Luftballoons would be acceptable except......

.....NO PREVIOUSLY NOMINATED SONGS.

View attachment 604167

LETTERS AND NUMBERS

Song titles must be comprised of both words/letters and numbers. Numbers must be expressed as digits. Example: 99 Luftballoons would be acceptable except......

lily-serna-sbs-letters-and-numbers-374794.png

lol there is no way that song is close to being as bad as that Fall Out Boy one or that terribly generic and boring British India song.

No doubt attracted artist Billies for featuring 15 seconds of Jaden Smith who doesn’t even sound bad on it.

When I hit play on the list and that buzzing drone throughout the song hit in my dog started darting his head all around the room thinking there was a blowfly somewhere. I gave you a vote because of this moment of cute poochiness.

5. NEW ORLEANS
4. Mexico
3. Summer Forgive Me
2. New York
1. To Die In LA

Billy: Viva Las Vegas

Laughably predictable result NinjaSwan. Wonder how many mentally assigned it the Billy from the first word.

View attachment 604167

LETTERS AND NUMBERS

sweet jesus that's a restrictive theme

5. NEW ORLEANS
4. Mexico
3. Summer Forgive Me
2. New York
1. To Die In LA

Billy: Viva Las Vegas

Laughably predictable result NinjaSwan. Wonder how many mentally assigned it the Billy from the first word.
Thanks for your laughably predictable billy ;)

Nowhere near as predictable as Brockhampton getting the Billy, MWPP.
Perhaps. It seemed like a billy magnet but there wasn't another billyworthy song. It was a terrible opening track too.
At least you gave Mexico 4.

sweet jesus that's a restrictive theme
The Jesus
There are a couple of never-nommed well known songs which immediately come to mind. Will be surprised if neither of them ends up on the playlist.

Amerika was by so very far the best song on that list it's not mildly amusing. Apart from the one person who recognised it as such, you're all to be pitied. So much pity.

My nominated is clearly the worst song on the list and anyone who votes for it is musically misguided.
Sounds like you’ll be getting my 5 ;)
Having now listened to most of the playlist, my nominated has been transformed into a complete comparative masterpiece. Restrictive theme pending campaigners.

Amerika was by so very far the best song on that list it's not mildly amusing. Apart from the one person who recognised it as such, you're all to be pitied. So much pity.
You didn't get my 5, but you did get 2 from me . Close enough :)
Mexico was the deserving winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps. It seemed like a billy magnet but there wasn't another billyworthy song. It was a terrible opening track too.
Thank you oh queen MWPP for decreeing one of my votes to your liking.

Fall Out Boy were also nommed, even if you liked Fall Out Boy you have to concede it is absolute Billy bait.

5 Charlie Collins - Mexico DroopStDanny - winner - congrats , #theme ? :)
4 Peter Allen- Tenterfield Saddler raskolnikov 10th . Thanks for hosting :)
3 Sam Cooke- Tennessee Waltz Hoos 3rd well done
2 Wintersleep - Amerika Ulahoopski 5th
1 Electric light orchestra - Last Train to London por_please_ya 7th
BM - Brockhampton- New Orleans NinjaSwan actual Billy
You didn't get my 5, but you did get 2 from me . Close enough :)
Mexico was the deserving winner.
Sam Cooke got my 3 Hoos :D
tell us again who you voted for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back