Song Contest Part XIX, Host: GreyCrow, Theme: Free For All, Votes Due: Wednesday, 10pm AEDT

Should the billy be abolished?

• Yes - it's long run its course and would reduce billy bait

• No - it adds some fun and discussion to the contest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrics that make no sense:
  • "I really, really, really wanna zig-a-zig-ah."​
  • "Since the return from her stay on the moon, she listens like spring and she talks like June."​
  • "Drain the whole sea, get something shiny, something meaty for the main course."​
  • "But I don't really like you, apologetically dressed in the best, but on a heartbeat glide."​
  • "Someone's stole my shoes but there's a couple of bananas and a bottle of booze."​
  • "Moving on me as the world ends, this nuclear heat is a beautiful air."​
  • "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof."​
  • "I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob'."​
  • "Sweat baby sweat baby sex is a Texas drought."​
  • "Before you came into my life I missed you so bad"​
  • "You gave them all those old time stars Through wars of worlds invaded by Mars"​
  • "Beats so big I'm stepping on leprechauns."​
  • I survive on the breath you are finished with.”​
  • “If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends”​

2 sets of votes in.

Leader on 18 votes

Second place on 12 votes

18 songs on donuts

Billy is anyone's at this stage.

No votes or billys for the host.
How did two lots of votes add up to 18?

Lyrics that make no sense:
  • "You gave them all those old time stars Through wars of worlds invaded by Mars​

These lyrics make sense. They're from Radio Ga Ga and referring to Orson Welles reading The War of the Worlds over the radio and people thinking it was real.

Last edited:
2 sets of votes in.

Leader on 18 votes

Second place on 12 votes

18 songs on donuts

Billy is anyone's at this stage.

No votes or billys for the host.
My work mate put on a country song today and a line was
“I never thought I’d be sowing oats in cotton pickin season “ in context he just saw a naked lady and decided to get it on

These lyrics make sense. They're from Radio Ga Ga and referring to Orson Welles reading The War of the Worlds over the radio and people thinking it was real.
I didn't fact check but interestingly the website I ripped some it from said the following:

Queen drummer Roger Taylor wrote this as a critique of radio stations, which were becoming more commercialized and playing the same songs. While the lyrics seem to be about selling out, the delivery of that message is a bit unclear. Fun fact -- this song is where Lady Gaga was inspired to create her musical persona.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I usually don't like thrash euro metal but by the time I got to that one it was a relief!!

Oh No Cooking GIF by FOX TV

The Jesus
Here it is. Notes are in the spreadsheet. It's pretty easy. I've improved it from last time to account for 26 people.
***Sort by column K which accounts for Billies

When I'm on my phone I can do a set of results in about 40 seconds, so it's pretty good.

Attachments

• scoring sheet.xlsx
    15.1 KB · Views: 12
Did people nom songs they like or thought they would go for ones they thought were shite because they don't make sense? :eek:
I genuinely like mine, it's a bit silly but it's fun.

My top 5 were from the first 8 so ....... [Spoiler]

lisa simpson episode 3 GIF

Working out my statistical chances of votes ;)
GIF by Achievement Hunter

Whoever nominated Kingston Town rocks. Really feeling those beats RN
Fossie 32 I'd say you def gonna vote for Springsteen and Richard Harris.....unless, one of them is yours.

Working out my statistical chances of votes ;)
GIF by Achievement Hunter

Whoever nominated Kingston Town rocks. Really feeling those beats RN
Fossie 32 I'd say you def gonna vote for Springsteen and Richard Harris.....unless, one of them is yours.
Which one was Kingston Town?
Correct about Springsteen and Richard Harris :)

If you didn’t use this theme to pick something polarising you’ve missed the point of the theme imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back