Song Contest Part XIX, Host: GreyCrow, Theme: Free For All, Votes Due: Wednesday, 10pm AEDT

Should the billy be abolished?

• Yes - it's long run its course and would reduce billy bait

• No - it adds some fun and discussion to the contest

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#SongContestNominations

Language: Korean
Spoken mainly in: Korea
Approx. number of speakers: 82M

Language: Mongolian (throat singing)
Spoken mainly in: Mongolia, China
Approx. number of speakers: 5M

Language: Japanese
Spoken mainly in: Japan
Approx. number of speakers: 126M

Language: Sanskrit
Spoken mainly in: Ancient South-Southeast Asia
Approx. number of speakers: None (classical language)

Last edited:
#SongContestNominations

Language: Udmurt
Spoken mainly in: Russia
Approx. number of speakers: 335,730

Language: Arabic
Spoken mainly in: Egypt, Algeria, Sudan, Iraq, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia etc
Approx. number of speakers: 350M

I think this might be Egyptian Arabic (spoken by 83M people); many Lebanese singers sing in Egyptian Arabic as it's seen as the 'lingua franca' of the Arabic world.

Language: Khakas/Chulym (Siberian Turkic languages)
Spoken mainly in: Russia
Approx. number of speakers: 43,000 (Khakas), 44 (Chulym, critically endangered)

Language: Korean
Spoken mainly in: Korea
Approx. number of speakers: 82M

Language: Persian (Farsi)
Spoken mainly in: Iran, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan
Approx. number of speakers: 74M

#SongContestNominations

Language: Russian
Spoken mainly in: Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan
Approx. number of speakers: 248M

Language: Georgian
Spoken mainly in: Georgia
Approx. number of speakers: 3.7M

Language: Kyrgyz
Spoken mainly in: Kyrgyzstan
Approx. number of speakers: 2.9M

Language: Hindi
Spoken mainly in: India
Approx. number of speakers: 600M

#SongContestNominations

Language: Urdu
Spoken mainly in: Pakistan, India
Approx. number of speakers: 230M

Language: Arabic
Spoken mainly in: Egypt, Algeria, Sudan, Iraq, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia etc
Approx. number of speakers: 350M

Assuming this is Lebanese Arabic as the singer, Dunya Yunis, was from a mountain village in Lebanon.

I listen to Spotify but only on long road trips. At home I just listen to YouTube. I have Wrapped but it doesn't seem to have that page for me. Maybe I don't listen to it enough.
I don't even get it because my phone is a dinosaur that doesn't support the mobile app.

5Le MatosLa Mer des PossibilitésNever in doubt, Worakls vibes, MP_
4TeslaCorvadDestiny vibes, insane feels omgfridge (Thanks for the billy)
3Alice CooperYou and MeChilled, Easy Listening, raskolnikov
2Tal WilkenfieldKilling Meconfusing, I usually like complex songs, , but off beat syncopation is a little uncomfortable Fossie 32
1BurialRaverNot as good as the other electronic songs, not feeling it as much endure
BRayeEscapismOverly loud bass, autotune takes away from the vocals and is too distracting
Two votes is infinitely more than I got from most people :p Love some of her stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#songcontestupdate

6 people have boted, and two songs have skyrocketed to the top, hoping for glory and more speakers of their language. They are already on 14 votes apiece!

Coming closely in 3rd is one lovely language on 12 botes.

Each 6 who boted chose a different billy, too! Obviously no stand-out billy as yet...

There are still two donuts to be eaten, and three songs have billies but no botes...

Very early days in this language race!

#songcontestupdate

6 people have boted, and two songs have skyrocketed to the top, hoping for glory and more speakers of their language. They are already on 14 votes apiece!

Coming closely in 3rd is one lovely language on 12 botes.

Each 6 who boted chose a different billy, too! Obviously no stand-out billy as yet...

There are still two donuts to be eaten, and three songs have billies but no botes...

Very early days in this language race!
excited alison brie GIF

How things change. Found this in the previous thread

I did not do well when I nommed that, and I still think that was scandalous. I think it's almost impossible to win with a Beatles song because people almost always discount them for votes.

Had a trivia contest tonight where one of the questions was who sung the song "World In Motion" and I remembered it from my WC themed round.

Guess it was valuable after all. :hearteyes:

Had a trivia contest tonight where one of the questions was who sung the song "World In Motion" and I remembered it from my WC themed round.

Guess it was valuable after all. :hearteyes:
That's easy for me because I love the band haha! Love it :D

I remember at a quiz night the question was "Who sang the song 'Fade To Grey'" and I was like "VISAGE!" and everyone on the table looked at me like I'd grown two heads lmao. Most were around my age, but guess they didn't grow up with 80s new wave like me XD

That's easy for me because I love the band haha! Love it :D

I remember at a quiz night the question was "Who sang the song 'Fade To Grey'" and I was like "VISAGE!" and everyone on the table looked at me like I'd grown two heads lmao. Most were around my age, but guess they didn't grow up with 80s new wave like me XD

I only had a faint memory of it but I remembered the video clip from my round. Since the intro to the question was something along the lines of "You wanted a WC themed question.." I had it my head already.

I only had a faint memory of it but I remembered the video clip from my round. Since the intro to the question was something along the lines of "You wanted a WC themed question.." I had it my head already.
A good bonus question would've been "which former England international performed a guest rap verse?"

A good bonus question would've been "which former England international performed a guest rap verse?"

Funny you mention bonus questions, another question was a clip of a trailer for a new Netflix show (Wednesday), with a bonus point for the song in the trailer (Paint It Black), Purple7x08_24 might be a bit upset that I knew that answer so well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back