Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because restrictive creative themes have been going really well. This is clearly a trend that won't last, but if last round is anything to go by, the consensus is it will produce some stellar playlists for the time being.

So let's just do it for every round then? I think you're missing my issue with it.

So let's just do it for every round then? I think you're missing my issue with it.
I literally described it as a trend that won't last in the post you quoted. Which is what it is.

How do these ratings even work?

I'm trying to rig a particular album onto the second page, but it's rated lower than some songs there and higher than others?

Is there no order to these rankings???

I looked up a particular category as albums and got more results than singles..

I literally described it as a trend that won't last in the post you quoted. Which is what it is.

And I literally suggested if we're just going off "Well everyone liked it last time" as a reason, why not do it every round?

Everyone loved the nostalgia round I hosted, why not do that each round?

I looked up a particular category as albums and got more results than singles..
For smaller bands, albums tend to be added much more often than singles, simply because people care about them more. If you go to the artist pages for most small Australian artists you'll notice this.
And I literally suggested if we're just going off "Well everyone liked it last time" as a reason, why not do it every round?

Everyone loved the nostalgia round I hosted, why not do that each round?
Because if you're unlucky in that round, your options are still limited? With this theme you can make it work for you. A few people also mentioned to me that they were really enjoying RYM as a resource, so I daresay another round which really harnesses it as a discovery resource is going to be welcomed.

It's really not the end of the world.

For smaller bands, albums tend to be added much more often than singles, simply because people care about them more. If you go to the artist pages for most small Australian artists you'll notice this.

Because if you're unlucky in that round, your options are still limited? With this theme you can make it work for you. A few people also mentioned to me that they were really enjoying RYM as a resource, so I daresay another round which really harnesses it as a discovery resource is going to be welcomed.

Of course it isn't. It's weird but I thought ribbing the host was generally encouraged around here, particularly for something that's as easy to target as a lame, repetitive theme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have Bandcamp redux ready and waiting.

Of course it isn't. It's weird but I thought ribbing the host was generally encouraged around here, particularly for something that's as easy to target as a lame, repetitive theme.
You could try to be more creative with the ribs. Bitching doesn't come across as ribbing, it comes across as bitching.

You could try to be more creative with the ribs. Bitching doesn't come across as ribbing, it comes across as bitching.

I guess I could try the pretentious woe is me attitude that you've nailed for the last few years.

I'll try to to remember that all the bitching about the WC theme that continues to this day is really just ribbing I guess? Or maybe you're right and it is people just being sooks.

We’re having a 2nd RYM round and there’s talk of a Bandcamp redux yet we still haven’t had a Soundcloud rappers round? Unreal

We’re having a 2nd RYM round and there’s talk of a Bandcamp redux yet we still haven’t had a Soundcloud rappers round? Unreal

DJ Loonerty is pretty stiff not to have been nommed.

I guess I could try the pretentious woe is me attitude that you've nailed for the last few years.

I'll try to to remember that all the bitching about the WC theme that continues to this day is really just ribbing I guess? Or maybe you're right and it is people just being sooks.
Pretentious? Moi Wah Wah.

The pretentious part, sure. Not sure what you mean by woe is me. I feel I more so have a god complex. Anyway, give it a crack and let me know how you go.
As is every day with a Y in it.

I like vaping hash, are they similar?
I started checking out that weed mixtape I have the other night. This was an early highlight:

Some of the best lyricism I've ever heard.

How do these ratings even work?

I'm trying to rig a particular album onto the second page, but it's rated lower than some songs there and higher than others?

Is there no order to these rankings???
I spent half an hour , even genre surfing but meh no luck

Shall nom the winner next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back