Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOTED

hqdefault.jpg

4 sets of votes to come. This will probably be the last time I nom a song in a round I host, it's pretty deflating watching all the votes sail by with very few for you.

You have this weird thing where you don't like coming up with themes, and as a result let other people pick for you. Results in your nom for the round being just as boring as a normal round. Pick a round you actually identify with which lets you pick a song that might do well.

Or, you know, don't get so invested in getting votes.

Either or.

4 sets of votes to come. This will probably be the last time I nom a song in a round I host, it's pretty deflating watching all the votes sail by with very few for you.

The first time I hosted for my Cities/Towns theme I got donuts with this Church classic.

Disgraceful.

You have this weird thing where you don't like coming up with themes, and as a result let other people pick for you. Results in your nom for the round being just as boring as a normal round. Pick a round you actually identify with which lets you pick a song that might do well.

Or, you know, don't get so invested in getting votes.

Either or.
I pick most of my themes.

I dunno, I haven't had that problem often...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One theme. One. I've hosted plenty of times where I've come up with a theme myself.

There's been plenty of rounds where you've asked for theme suggestions. It's really not that big a deal, it wasn't an accusation, but rather trying to help you understand why you might not get as many votes as you expected. Didn't mean to strike a nerve.

There's been plenty of rounds where you've asked for theme suggestions. It's really not that big a deal, it wasn't an accusation, but rather trying to help you understand why you might not get as many votes as you expected. Didn't mean to strike a nerve.

I find that when I host, I wait until the last minute to nom and end up rushing. Thus I tend to do poorly. Maybe Roo does the same thing?

I find that when I host, I wait until the last minute to nom and end up rushing. Thus I tend to do poorly. Maybe Roo does the same thing?

I generally nom when I feel like it and only change if someone clashes. Or lie and tell them someone else took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back