Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Ricky
4. Boogie Wonderland
3. Talk Like That
2. Don't Stop Movin' - nostalgia value, this was a primary school disco staple
1. Embrace

Billy: You're the One That I Want - Funnily enough, I ended up billying Grease megamix or not.

Hey Ya! is undoubtedly a great song but it's such a shameful whore that I left it out of my votes.

Last edited:

Ulahoopski did you complain about the quality of party the rest of the contest has if these are the songs they consider to be party starters, knowing full well that you nommed ******* KISS?
It was a three-way tie between them, fun. and Grease for my billy. KISS would only appeal to a boomer party, Grease belongs in the Macarena/Nutbush category as only being acceptable after 12 drinks and We Are Young should appeal to no one. How can a song with the lyrics "we are young, so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun" be such a dirge? Even the awesome Janelle Monae can't save it. I ended up billying Grease though because that song is just ******* annoying. I have never seen Grease and have absolutely no desire to.

Last edited:
Hey Ya! is undoubtedly a great song but it's such a shameful whore that I left it out of my votes.
I thought this at first but it had never podiumed before and was easily one the best songs in terms of quality + fitting the theme in addition to the playlist just being awful overall so felt wrong not to give it votes.

I thought this at first but it had never podiumed before and was easily one the best songs in terms of quality + fitting the theme in addition to the playlist just being awful overall so felt wrong not to give it votes.

Was the theme song to my trip around Canada in 2004 so couldn't not give it votes.

Well that sucks. I nommed Hey Ya as well but FW got in first apparently.

5. Bee Gees
4. Racey
3. Underworld
2. Earth Wind and Fire
1. Outkast

Billy: Ayak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy anyone who noms Queen- Seven Seas of Rhye
Lukas Graham - 7 Years :sick:. How that didn't win the billy in the round it was nommed still astounds me.

Lukas Graham - 7 Years :sick:. How that didn't win the billy in the round it was nommed still astounds me.
Even worse it got 18 votes, honestly the worst song of all-time.

Time to make some friends...

Narrowing the Billy down to one was almost as hard as finding 5 songs that I liked (I couldn't).

5 - Ayakachmitotia
4 - The Futureheads
3 - Queens Of The Stone Age
2 - KISS
1 - Fun

Billy - that ******* song from Grease.

That playlist was ******* awful. Loathesome. Dire. Hideous. Disgraceful.

Unbrunchy.

Cheerio.

Last edited:
Ulahoopski did you complain about the quality of party the rest of the contest has if these are the songs they consider to be party starters, knowing full well that you nommed ******* KISS?
Rock n Roll baby - you'll never get it sitting in a corner discussing the merits of maths over English. Xx

Bloody shameful winner. Only thing that could have been worse is if someone won with Come On Eileen.
I win with one of the great winners then go missing for one round and this happens. The duality of the song contest.

I don't want to get it if "it" is KISS.
Stanley and Simmons might be *******s but you'd be completely clueless not to recognise them as amazing songwriters.

Not a huge fan of KISS but can't deny that they have some really catchy songs that usually do pretty well at parties. So I think it's a good nom from Ula.

The Filth Wizard heads up - won't be playing this round so that's why you won't see a nom from me :p

I'll join the next one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back