Song Contest Part XV, Host: Back One Out, Theme: Woodwind Instruments, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

^^^ But this is exactly what I said to you about Zac de la Rocha's "thought provoking" lyrics in Killing In The Name Of

My contention was that sweaty bros in the moshpits of the Big Day Out and Lollapalooza didn't give a f**k about RATM's politics and the main reason for that particular song's success was the collective middle finger salute from rebellious teenagers to the world as they screamed "F**K YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!"

Without that breakdown & killer hook, the song was alright, nuthin' special

... and you tried to lecture me that I was completely missing the point of the song (whereas I think you were)
Just because you don't look for intelligent thought provoking lyrics in R&R doesn't mean you deny them when they're there. KITNO is a reaction to police brutality in the States regardless of what any "sweaty bro" takes out of it.

I think it's sad that you and your pet so easily misconstrue a comment such that it makes you "cry".

"Rock and Roll All Night" is well known because it's well loved. It's well loved because it's anthemic, simple, hook-laden both vocally and musically and a perfect rock and roll song for a live audience. Anyone looking for intelligent thought-provoking lyrics in a rock n roll tune is missing the point completely. If people were objective in their assessment of KISS songs they'd realise what great songwriters they were. You don't have to like KISS to acknowledge that. I don't like the Spice Girls but I wouldn't argue that their songs aren't well written for their target audience.

How about you attempt to explain why you think KISS aren't great songwriters?
Maybe the shitty repetitive lyrics, at a guess.

I think it's sad that you and your pet so easily misconstrue a comment such that it makes you "cry".

"Rock and Roll All Night" is well known because it's well loved. It's well loved because it's anthemic, simple, hook-laden both vocally and musically and a perfect rock and roll song for a live audience. Anyone looking for intelligent thought-provoking lyrics in a rock n roll tune is missing the point completely. If people were objective in their assessment of KISS songs they'd realise what great songwriters they were. You don't have to like KISS to acknowledge that. I don't like the Spice Girls but I wouldn't argue that their songs aren't well written for their target audience.

You ok mate?

This isn’t like you.

Did you billy "You're the One that I Want?"

Maybe the s**tty repetitive lyrics, at a guess.
In your case the simpler the better as once again you missed the point. KISS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't ask you.

Or you.
5: Police Truck - Dead Kennedys
4: Professional Widow - Tori Amos
3: Ayakachmitotia Rattle Dances - Aztecs
2: Boogie Wonderland - EWaF
1: Underneath the Radar - Underworld
Billy: Blackout - Breathe Carolina

Party's over. Up at 5a.m.
Reading is useful. 😁

When I was a kid I liked KISS for their cool makeup and costumes but even then I thought their music was ordinary, it was no coincidence that when they decided to ditch the makeup and costumes that their popularity plummeted, most people liked them more for their look than their music.

Noticed there's a chunk of rounds missing from 390-398. I've just listed them out, if someone gives me access to the spreadsheet I can update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back