Song Contest Part XVI, Host: The Filth Wizard, Theme: How Do I Title This?, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the sake of discussion and im interminably bored....
Curious. What has been the longest road trip, k's covered, without sleeping?

A group of us drove 12hrs from Banff to Whistler. We went the long way for some reason I can't remember why. GPS back then didn't reroute very well so once we turned off we were just looking at a turnaround signal for 10hrs.

I adore that song.
I don't think I was in that Round (just checked, I wasn't, but I was in the one after!). You would have gotten votes from me for sure.

I won with Foals - "White Onions" in the Black and white videos round.

But probably my favourite win was in the E.Ps Round 352 when I nommed a little known Perth artist:

I think my win a few week's back with a obscure Kennebec track was a major surprise.

I did like alvvays going from Billy to Win though.

Only 890km, Coomera to Penrith

I've driven Melbourne to Gladstone without sleeping, about 2,000k.

Last edited:
I've driven Melbourne to Gladstone without sleeping, about 2,000k, without sleeping.
Fair effort. I thought our trip from Sydney to Daintree and back in 11 days was a fair effort

Fair effort. I thought our trip from Sydney to Daintree and back in 11 days was a fair effort

It was when I was young and stupid. No way I'd attempt it these days. I did the same trip 3 years ago and I stopped 3 nights along the way.

I've driven Melbourne to Gladstone without sleeping, about 2,000k, without sleeping.
My Sister and BiL did it in 1 day
Its a long drive I do it over 5 days
Stopping in my favourite towns for good restaurants along the way and going the coastal route mainly
Ive done inland but didnt love it , though there were some good Thai places and pie shops and a great rump steak in the Miles Hotel that was bigger than the plate
I think it was this one ?
pub_64203.jpg

My Sister and BiL did it in 1 day
Its a long drive I do it over 5 days
Stopping in my favourite towns for good restaurants along the way and going the coastal route mainly
Ive done inland but didnt love it , though there were some good Thai places and pie shops and a great rump steak in the Miles Hotel that was bigger than the plate
I think it was this one ?
pub_64203.jpg

You went through Miles to get from Melbourne to Gladstone? That seems Miles out of the way. Miles is out west.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This story is falling apart pretty quickly under unintentional cross examinatiom

I drove from Melbourne to Gladstone without stopping off anywhere and pulled over maybe once or twice for a ten minute nap. Not really hard to understand. * me.

I didn't get my licence until I was 25 so I haven't been driving anywhere near as much as the rest of you.

Personally my longest drive has been from Adelaide to Robe, with stops it takes about 4 hours? Maybe less actually.

With my family when I was young, I remember my parents driving from Sydney to Adelaide with no sleeps. They took turns. I think we were going to stop in the Riverland but didn't end up doing it. Dad just kept driving!

I drove from Melbourne to Gladstone without stopping off anywhere and pulled over maybe once or twice for a ten minute nap. Not really hard to understand. fu** me.

Lol.
Lionel Hutz could win this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back