Song Contest Part XVI, Host: The Filth Wizard, Theme: How Do I Title This?, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boted
00ecdb6e-7e9d-4fa8-82b6-16f43fb73997.jpg

Never a real fan of Powderfinger.

However I was at the Big Day Out in Adelaide the year that girl, Sarah I think her name was, died in the Limp Bizkit mosh in Sydney.
It was like 40 degrees that day, and obviously most of the bands were very observant of the crowd in regards to crowding and water.
When Powerfinger came on, they were the band that did a minutes silence and also did an amazing live set. So, I'll always give them there due for making thousands of kids shutup for a minute and putting on some great tunes.

Incidentally an ex of mine also smoked weed with them in a Whyalla hotel before they were big-big.

However I was at the Big Day Out in Adelaide the year that girl, Sarah I think her name was, died in the Limp Bizkit mosh in Sydney.
Looked it up now cos I recalled a song was written as a tribute to her but couldn't remember which.
It was Chemical Heart by Grinspoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked it up now cos I recalled a song was written as a tribute to her but couldn't remember which.
It was Chemical Heart by Grinspoon.

Really? That's cool if it's true, but I just read something where they said they were just sitting arounf getting high and wrote it.

Just watched a 15 minute docco of sorts on the tragedy. I don't know nearly enough to form an educated opinion about the event but from what it shows Fred Durst insulted security and initially did nothing to help. Didn't paint him in a good light at all. Compared to what Anthony Kiedis had done earlier he did nothing. Blame aside, it's an absolute tragedy that someone died enjoying music.

Last edited:
As a positive spin, it meant Limp Bizkit pulled the pin before they came to Melbourne.
Rammstein was able to take over the main headlining position.
Was a ******* excellent show

I was there, it was great.

Ah okay.
I just found some random article on the album.
As weird as it may sound, it is one of those 'Where were you when this happened moments.'
I remember everything quite distinctly from the leadup to the actual event.

As a positive spin, it meant Limp Bizkit pulled the pin before they came to Melbourne.
Rammstein was able to take over the main headlining position.
Was a ******* excellent show
I was there, it was great.

Concur, amazing show they put on in Adelaide as well.

Nowhere near as idiotic as thinking your taste in music is justified and or validated by winning a song contest on a football forum with 30 participants, or melting weekly when the validation you so desperately seek isn't forthcoming.
Exactly right. Generally my taste is validated by not winning, given everyone's shithouse tastes on here. I know you will relate to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back