Song Contest Part XVI, Host: DroopstDanny, Theme: 3 Minutes or Less, Noms Due: Monday: 8pm AEDT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoos

Bruncher 🏆
Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cheddar AFC
As well as the 50th anniversary of Black Sabbath just rolling around, the gig that yielded this swaggering, beast of a live album happened on Valentine's Day, 50 years ago.

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
The Who were trumped though by The Stones live album Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out which was released about 6 months later.

Amazing how they kept on plowing through that song with security wrestling groupies off the stage.

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
G.A.G.F.
As well as the 50th anniversary of Black Sabbath just rolling around, the gig that yielded this swaggering, beast of a live album happened on Valentine's Day, 50 years ago.
THINK BACK TO WHEN YOU WERE 15 OR 16 (OR EVEN 23/24) AND WHICH SONGS OR ALBUMS WERE FIFTY YEARS OLD :oops:

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
G.A.G.F.
The Who were trumped though by The Stones live album Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out which was released about 6 months later.
PFFT

GET YER YA-YAS OUT IS RUBBISH

ALL STONES LIVE ALBUMS ARE SHIT

I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANY LIVE RECORDING OF THEIRS WHICH IMPROVED UPON THE ORIGINAL STUDIO VERSION

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Are others boting straight up for the best song or are the weighting the 'guilty pleasure' qualities ?
My song is the perfect mix of a good song but also a guilty pleasure, it ticks both boxes.

If it doesn't win or at least get a podium I will put Back One Out and Harvey Manfrenjensenden to shame with my melts.

PFFT

GET YER YA-YAS OUT IS RUBBISH

ALL STONES LIVE ALBUMS ARE SHIT

I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANY LIVE RECORDING OF THEIRS WHICH IMPROVED UPON THE ORIGINAL STUDIO VERSION
MOST LIVE ALBUMS ARE WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL STUDIO VERSIONS, YOU LISTEN TO THEM TO GET A FEEL OF HOW THAT BAND SOUNDED LIVE.

THE STONES COULD STILL CUT IT LIVE EVEN WHEN THEY WERE DEALING WITH THE ALTAMONT CHAOS AND GROUPIES RUNNING ON STAGE.

AT THEIR PEAK THEY WERE THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD, NO ONE ELSE HAS TOPPED THEM INCLUDING THE WHO AND LED ZEPPELIN IMHO.

Hoos

Bruncher 🏆
Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cheddar AFC
As much as I love the Stones, I disagree on the trumped part. They are my 2 favourite live albums. Almost impossible to split.

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
G.A.G.F.
MOST LIVE ALBUMS ARE WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL STUDIO VERSIONS. YOU LISTEN TO THEM TO GET A FEEL OF HOW THAT BAND SOUNDED LIVE.

THE STONES COULD STILL CUT IT LIVE EVEN WHEN THEY WERE DEALING WITH THE ALTAMONT CHAOS AND GROUPIES RUNNING ON STAGE.

AT THEIR PEAK THEY WERE THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD, NO ONE ELSE HAS TOPPED THEM INCLUDING THE WHO AND LED ZEPPELIN IMHO.
LOL

KEITH RICHARDS WAS A SLOPPY PLAYER ALWAYS OFF HIS TITS AND NOT THAT GREAT TO BEGIN WITH
AND JAGGER IS JUST HORRIBLE ON THOSE LIVE ALBUMS. A-GRADE CLOWN.

KEEF AND MICK WROTE GREAT SONGS - STONES WERE A GREAT BAND - BUT THEY LET THEMSELVES DOWN WITH THE DRUGS AND EGOTISM AND IT DETRACTED FROM THEIR PERFORMANCES

DEEP PURPLE (MKII) SHIT ALL OVER ROLLING STONES AS A LIVE BAND

EASILY THE BEST ROCK BAND IN THE WORLD AT THEIR PEAK FROM 1970-1973

BEST LIVE ALBUM:

Last edited:

Hoos

Bruncher 🏆
Mar 9, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cheddar AFC
THINK BACK TO WHEN YOU WERE 15 OR 16 (OR EVEN 23/24) AND WHICH SONGS OR ALBUMS WERE FIFTY YEARS OLD :oops:
Yeah! Stuff from Blind Lemon Jefferson or Charley Patton, etc. But I get your point (If that was your point). Most of the music from that era didn't resonate at all with teenagers 50 years later. It shows how much hasn't hasn't really changed since the mid to late '60's.

This guy was over 50 years earlier back when I was young and impressionable...

Hawk Dork

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 9, 2005
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Yeah! Stuff from Blind Lemon Jefferson or Charley Patton, etc. But I get your point (If that was your point). Most of the music from that era didn't resonate at all with teenagers 50 years later. It shows how much hasn't hasn't really changed since the mid to late '60's.

This guy was over 50 years earlier back when I was young and impressionable...
I listened to Lead Belly and Robert Johnson when I was in my early 20
Maybe they were 40+ years old then

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
A. You're thinking of ChappyUK

B. There is no way you have voted yet.
The only song in the playlist that was better than mine was this song.

For some reason it was withdrawn, maybe because it wasn't enough of a guilty pleasure, it's the only Limp Bizkit song I don't feel guilty about liking.

Still would have got my 5 even if it isn't a guilty pleasure, great song, considered nomming it myself for other themes.

As much as I love the Stones, I disagree on the trumped part. They are my 2 favourite live albums. Almost impossible to split.
I never really got into The Who, I can appreciate that they were a great band from that late 60s/early 70s era but none of their songs grabbed me.

The Stones had better hits during that era and Sticky Fingers was as close to the perfect rock album as you can get,

There's no shame coming second to The Stones though, at their peak with Mick Taylor and Keef they were unbeatable, The Who only had Pete Townshend.

Top Bottom