Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backs up my point when I said that you Brunchers don't like anything produced after 1980 when you mention Lennon.

He didn't produce anything good after 1980.

Roxy Music scored a no.1 with a cover of one of his songs in 1981 though.

One of the greatest covers of all time.

Backs up my point when I said that you Brunchers don't like anything produced after 1980 when you mention Lennon.

He didn't produce anything good after 1980.
I didn't bring Lennon into the conversation anyway; you did.

Would have been remarkably impressive if he had produced anything good after 1980. You know, being dead and everything.

Stevie Ray Vaughan was after 1980. So were The Black Crowes come to think of it. A fellow bruncher turned me on to the Felice Brothers and The Fleet Foxes, and they are both well after 1980. My point is there is plenty of good stuff after 1980 that I like...just not to the same quality of that mid '60's to mid '70's peak.

Before anyone points it out, the official title for Rhythm of the Night is actually THE Rhythm of the Night.

Does that mean I have to billy it solely for being putrid instead of a petty reason?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potential Fall Out Boy noms include

Love The Carpal Tunnel Of Love

And my other fave from that album

Genius lyrics.

I like this one from Folie a deux

Lol I've just realised that most of the others I love (apart from the ones you shared) aren't 5 words

Tiffany Blews
West Coast Smoker
W.A.M.S
The (Shipped) Gold Standard
Fame < Infamy
Pavlove

Love The Carpal Tunnel Of Love

And my other fave from that album

Genius lyrics.

I like this one from Folie a deux

Lol I've just realised that most of the others I love (apart from the ones you shared) aren't 5 words

Tiffany Blews
West Coast Smoker
W.A.M.S
The (Shipped) Gold Standard
Fame < Infamy

Infinity on high is easily one of their best albums, their last 3 haven't been great. Still they were pretty good live (Saw em March 2018)
My favourite song is irrationally this

Idk why, nothing super creative about it, simplistic beat and simplistic lyrics. It's sadly never been played live, I feel like it'd be a great song live especially with the Yo ho ho whoaaa bit in the chorus

I've seen them live too, 2011? I'm going to find the setlist.

It was 2009!

I didn't know half the songs really lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back