Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boted
iu

Now for some of my favourites AuntyBlindEye and anyone else who cares haha

2005 annual had this mega classic. I still love this track. So many nice nuances. There's a vocal version but it's s**t. Both DJs are Aussie.

2005 annual has your Hip-Ma-Tize-Me ;)

It also introduced me to Axwell. They don't make house music like this anymore.

And this epic song by Aloud. The drop gives me life.

I'll try and select some with vocals next.

2006 annual

Yes, a song with vocals finally lol. Oh man nostalgia.

2007 annual

There is a version with more vocals and I like it too but I love the mix of this one more.

Random tracks I like from those days

This was my ringtone on my Nokia 3315 lol

I loved Darude - Sandstorm before it was a meme lol. He had other great songs from that album too.

Holy wow batman. The memories all came flooding back for me with most of these.

Still jam to that Above and Beyond album more frequently than I care to mention.

We need a theme centred around ministry of sound I reckon.

Holy wow batman. The memories all came flooding back for me with most of these.

Still jam to that Above and Beyond album more frequently than I care to mention.

We need a theme centred around ministry of sound I reckon.
Tri-State is a brilliant album. The title track also gives me major feels. They also had a good collab with a singer I've forgotten the name of... OceanLab was the group name. Nice vocal trance :)

Tri-State is a brilliant album. The title track also gives me major feels. They also had a good collab with a singer I've forgotten the name of... OceanLab was the group name. Nice vocal trance :)
I can't remember her name either, but I'm pretty sure she features on a few songs from the album they released a couple years ago also.

Justine Suissa (according to MusicBrainz and wikipedia)

Never thought I'd see the day when a fight in woolies is featured in a cattle decap video.

Been listening to Cattle Decapitation a bit this week on the drive home from work.
Makes me feel better by the time I get home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the key had to be on its own.
Yeah, I thought that was the rule

I initially thought it was a free-for-all where you could choose a song which contained any letter of the alphabet, but my nom was rejected
Not sure how a word containing an apostrophe is any different

"Shouldn't" or "don't" are not two words plus an apostrophe. It's a contraction which forms one word.

Yeah an apostrophe is pushing it, it might be technically in the rules but it's not in the spirit of the game, like underarm bowling back in 1981.

Anyway on to some spam, I considered nomming this Dad Rock classic, would have been a guaranteed 5 botes from AuntyBlindEye who loves his Dad Rock.

Breakfast in America is up there with the greatest 70s Dad Rock albums of all time like Hotel California, Rumours, Can't Buy a Thrill and Silk Degrees.

It also contained these two Dad Rock classics.

I'm not that bothered about the apostrophe song being allowed, I'll just ignore it or billy it.

It makes it easier when you can just rule out listening to a song if you think it doesn't fit the theme.

Ozzy and family socially distancing by the pool.
Ozzy-Covid19.jpg

Ozzy bit the head off a bat on stage, he's to blame for this virus, all his Chinese fans followed his lead but instead of spitting it out they swallowed it.

The last great Supertramp song, I remember it being a huge hit here back in 82.

Seems like I'm the only Supertramp fan here, like I'm the only GANGjajang fan here.

I love Supertramp. I'm still melting I missed out on a podium for Goodbye Stranger in the falsetto round.

I

I did a whole round on it.
I've got a great idea for a theme but unfortunately I'll never be in the position to host one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back