Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my 5 Loonerty Post Malone is possibly the most talented popular artist at the moment. Really like his stuff even though it's nothing like what I normally listen to. He's got bucketloads of talent
I don't know that he's possibly the most talented artist at the moment. Circles is catchy but aside from it, I'm not a big fan.

Still Corners - The Trip is an abysmal nom for this theme.

Good song but in no way is it something that would get billied nor do I understand why someone would be embarrassed about liking a fairly standard dream/indie pop song.
Maybe they don't like dream/indie pop
I've always considered a guilty pleasure to be something that you wouldn't really admit to liking. On face value, The Trip is a song you wouldn't be ashamed of liking but maybe they hang out with metalheads and wouldn't it to them? Same with Frank Ocean who is a critically acclaimed artist.
#Podium

3rd place

With a controversial nom but one I would never expect her to make so I let it slide - even though I had it on my shortlist list - 2 songs of mine gone

3​
30​
2​
MWPP
The Trip – Still Corners​

I didn't pick it as hers at all either!
I gave it 5. We told each other our votes after we both had voted and I was shocked actually.
Got my Billy.
I gave it 5. It's not something I've heard a lot, but I reckon I discovered it and almost nommed it once. LOved it.
Got my 5 too.
The thing is my regular noms are billy bait so those wouldn’t be acceptable (for a nom from me)
I’m embarrassed to like dream pop as I dislike synth . It’s also long
And it’s a virgin artist so clearly others who had heard of them also had reservations
Conversely I have no shame in liking songs that others deem billy worthy
I nearly didn’t give sugarbabes and abba votes because there’s no shame in liking either of them but again they were my favourites on the list

Last edited:
Good thing I didn't nom Shiny Shiny last round.

:( One thing my favourite artist / “wife” (Elton John) and I share is the pushing ourselves to the limit until we can do no more thing

I really feel for him and his fans but also know both first and second hand that nothing is more important than health

Get well soon Elton
xx

That was the criteria I used as well.

Got my 4.
We approach the SC similarly- we don't try to game the competition /win (nor are we put off by the risk of getting a billy- in fact, sometimes it's an aim) and instead nom with #integrity
And that really goes to the heart of why I didn't nom that song- I like it and it seemed like a vote magnet, but due to the beat, I don't love it as much as some other songs
So I wouldn't have been true to myself if I had nommed it in a non-genre based round
And thanks for your 4 :)

#Theme Repeat Redux

Song Titles , Band or Musicians Names must be repeated ie Talk Talk or Ring Ring

No Previous Podiums
Noms due 10.30pmAEDT

I will get to noms in the Morning and tomorrow

I will be managing artist double ups but convince me to keep it
Lemon Boi
Get in :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't you a fan of 80s pop?
I am. But 2000s/2010s stuff different sort of synth. That one had an annoying riff in it which 80s pop doesn't have (especially for a song of that length) . But the vocals , intro and instrumentals made up for it ...for that round.

Well, you did have the chance to avoid this happening.
WHAT? BY HOSTING THE ROUND AFTER GREYCROW WON?

PIGS ARSE!

ITS NOT BY JOB. GREYCROW SHOULDVE GIVEN ME HIS 5 BOTES - THEN I WOULDVE BEEN HOSTING

WEAK AS PISS WHEN PEOPLE WIN B2B THEN TRY TO FOB THE HOSTING OFF ONTO SOMEONE ELSE FOR NO LEGIT REASON - HELLO WONKA - HOSTING IS THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR VOTE WHORING IN YOUR OWN ROUND

GREYCROW MUST’VE KNOWN HE WAS HALF A CHANCE TO WIN, EVEN WITH THE LATE FLURRY OF VOTES FROM ME & EJ

IT’S IRRELEVANT ANYWAY. LIKE I SAID: IF YA DON’T HAVE A THEME IDEA, JUST MAKE IT A FREE-FOR-ALL. IT’S GOT ME F**KED WHY MORE PEOPLE DON’T DO THAT AND WE END UP WITH THESE CRAP THEMES WHICH LEAD TO CRAP PLAYLISTS.

GUILTY PLEASURES WAS FUN ENOUGH, BUT SURELY FOR THE NEXT ROUND, WE NEEDED AN ANTIDOTE & HAVE THE SHACKLES REMOVED.

MY BLOOD IS BOILING & I GOT A F**KIN HEADACHE NOW FROM ALL THAT SCREAMING

I’M GONNA TAKE A VAL & HAVE A LIE DOWN

/RANT

Last edited:
How do I enter?
The theme is repeating words in song title/Artist name/Band name.
Think of an appropriate song you like that fits the brief. Send GreyCrow a PM with a Youtube link for your song.
Tonight a playlist of all nominated songs will be provided, listen to the list and PM GreyCrow again with your list of votes from most liked 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1
Also including a Billy vote for least liked song.
Results will be posted Wednesday night. Good Luck!

How do I enter?
The theme is song or artist with repeating word.

Some of the examples given above just had the word "the" twice in the title, so if you want to enter this round, just pick a song with a word that is repeated and pm it to GreyCrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back