Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimme Gimme Gimme is my fave ABBA song :)
SUCH A GREAT HOOK THAT MADONNA RECYCLED IT 25 YEARS LATER FOR ONE OF THE BIGGEST HITS OF HER CAREER

ABBA NEVER LET ANYONE SAMPLE THEIR MUSIC, BUT THEY ALLOWED MADONNA THIS ONE TIME COS SHE BEGGED THEM SO NICELY AND GAVE THEM CO-WRITING CREDIT

... AND ANOTHER PLATINUM-SELLING SINGLE TO THE GENIUS SONGWRITING TEAM OF ANDERSSON & ULVAEUS

THAT HARVEY DUDE NEVER LETS THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A SHITTY OPINION

I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY THE WAY YOU WERE EXHORTING THE CROWD
LIKE HULK HOGAN TRYING TO REV THE HULKAMANIACS UP INTO A FRENZY

IT'S A SIGN OF YOUR WEAKNESS THAT YOU NEED TO CLAIM THE SUPPORT OF EVERYONE IN THE THREAD
In no way was I "exhorting the crowd".
I pointed out your hypocrisy, and made a joke about how you should calm the * down because your inane ramblings were making less and less sense.

In no way was I "exhorting the crowd".
I pointed out your hypocrisy, and made a joke about how you should calm the fu** down because your inane ramblings were making less and less sense.
IT'S OKAY MATE

IT CAN'T HAVE BEEN EASY GROWING UP WITH THAT PILLOCK HARVEY AS YOUR OLDER BROTHER. I BET HE USED TO TORMENT YOU WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG AND GIVE YOU DEAD ARMS, DO THE TYPEWRITER ON YOUR CHEST AND THEN SIT ON YOUR HEAD AND FART.

IT'S OKAY MATE

IT CAN'T HAVE BEEN EASY GROWING UP WITH THAT PILLOCK HARVEY AS YOUR OLDER BROTHER. I BET HE USED TO TORMENT YOU WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG AND GIVE YOU DEAD ARMS, DO THE TYPEWRITER ON YOUR CHEST AND THEN SIT ON YOUR HEAD AND FART.
Not much for answering questions asked of you, are you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post 8408 I had a warren Zevon song listed

This was left OFF the playlist but has been added

Sincere apologies to the contestant
What is this Zevon song of which you speak GC?

Not much for answering questions asked of you, are you?

Questions? You've only asked one question:

I don't get what your intention is with the pointless quote. Please explain?

And it was well answered:
I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY THE WAY YOU WERE EXHORTING THE CROWD
LIKE HULK HOGAN TRYING TO REV THE HULKAMANIACS UP INTO A FRENZY

IT'S A SIGN OF YOUR WEAKNESS THAT YOU NEED TO CLAIM THE SUPPORT OF EVERYONE IN THE THREAD

And boo is absolutely right about ABBA. Regardless of musical taste, anyone who denies that they were extraordinary song writers is musically or mentally deficient.

Questions? You've only asked one question:

And it was well answered:

And boo is absolutely right about ABBA. Regardless of musical taste, anyone who denies that they were extraordinary song writers is musically or mentally deficient.
You're right, I do look good in this light. But the pants just aren't popping.

Hes not 'Absolutely right' about ABBA.
He is either trolling, engaging in hyperbole or stark raving mad to have them second to only Lennon/Macca.

This is not to say they were not excellent songwriters (I nommed a song written by them a few rounds ago in fact) but 2nd GOAT? GTFO

This is not to say they were not excellent songwriters (I nommed a song written by them a few rounds ago in fact) but 2nd GOAT? GTF
That's it. Excellent songwriters? Absolutely. Second greatest? Please. There's a long queue ahead of them on that score.

Hes not 'Absolutely right' about ABBA.
He is either trolling, engaging in hyperbole or stark raving mad to have them second to only Lennon/Macca.

This is not to say they were not excellent songwriters (I nommed a song written by them a few rounds ago in fact) but 2nd GOAT? GTFO
COME OFF IT WANKA

I WOULDN'T KNOW WHO'S 2ND TO THE BEATLES, OR 3RD, 4TH, 5TH, OR 6TH
JUST A FIGURE OF SPEECH. WHAT AM I? THE HUMAN SLIDE RULE?

DO YOU HAVE SOME SPECIAL SCIENTIFIC WONKA EQUATION TO RANK SONGWRITERS INTO SOME EXACT ORDER?

LET'S SEE IT...

That's it. Excellent songwriters? Absolutely. Second greatest? Please. There's a long queue ahead of them on that score.
PLEASE LIST THE PROLIFIC GENIUS SONGWRITERS WHO HAD MORE HITS THAN ANDERSSON/ULVAEUS
THERE'S PROBABLY OTHERS, BUT THE SWEDES WOULD BE RIGHT UP THERE.

William Wonka Hoos
EDIT: WHEN I SAID "2ND TO LENNON/MACCA" I THINK I MEANT AS MELODOCISTS, WHICH IS REALLY HOW POP MUSIC SHOULD BE JUDGED
OBVIOUSLY OTHER ARTISTS HAVE MUCH WEIGHTIER LYRICS AND MORE COMPELLING STORYTELLING THAN "NINA PRETTY BALLERINA"

Last edited:
They've got nothing on Mozart.
DIFFERENT TIME, DIFFERENT FORMAT

NOT EASY TO WRITE AND ARRANGE 3 MINUTES OF RADIO MAGIC WHICH CAPTURE PEOPLE'S IMAGINATION
MANY GREAT ARTISTS ARE LUCKY IF THEY DO IT ONCE OR TWICE IN THEIR CAREERS

PUT IT THIS WAY: IF CLASSICAL MUSIC WAS STILL THE FASHION RIGHT THROUGH FROM 1700 TO 2020, I'M BETTING ANDERSSON & ULVAEUS WOULD'VE WRITTEN BETTER SYMPHONIES & OPERAS AND HAD MORE SUCCESS THAN [INSERT NAME OF HARVEY'S FAVOURITE ARTISTS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back