Song Contest Part XVI, Host: ???, Theme:???, Noms Due: ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't actually expect you to say yes. I didn't prepare any themes. Uh...

Music made by machines
Flotsam round - rare gems you stumbled upon

As far as safer choices go, animal in song/artist title, or a galaxy theme could be interesting.
Flotsam is gold.

Found it pretty boring and seemed to drag on, I consider Chris Cornell one of the most overrated vocalists in music history though.

Post-grunge would probably be my absolute least favourite genre as well.
I'm a Chris Cornell fan, but agree regarding post-grunge. Awful genre from a largely awful time period for music.

Found it pretty boring and seemed to drag on, I consider Chris Cornell one of the most overrated vocalists in music history though.

Needs more autotune

I didn't actually expect you to say yes. I didn't expect you to say yes. Uh...

Music made by machines
Flotsam round - rare gems you stumbled upon

In all seriousness, animal in song/artist title, or a galaxy theme could be interesting.
I like Flotsam, let's go with that. Noms due tomorrow 10pm AEDT.

Surely I can't stuff this up. Surely...

I'm a Chris Cornell fan, but agree regarding post-grunge. Awful genre from a largely awful time period for music.
The only genre that comes close for me is late 80s glam metal, can't stand that either.

So what's the idea of the theme
Hidden gems that you've stumbled across, be it through Spotify, Bandcamp or any other means. Hidden gems is fairly subjective but I would say that the likes of Soundgarden, Beach House, Crowded House and RHCP are not what come to mind for this theme.

So what's the idea of the theme
My idea was any largely unkown gems you happen to know about. Could be a random YouTube suggestion from an uknown afrobeat musician, could be a DJ Loonerty masterpiece, could be the high-school band you played in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hidden gems that you've stumbled across, be it through Spotify, Bandcamp or any other means. Hidden gems is fairly subjective but I would say that the likes of Soundgarden, Beach House, Crowded House and RHCP are not what come to mind for this theme.

Haysi Fantayzee?

Fair enough. Everybody can't love everybody. Just don't tell Jackie Moon.

Haysi Fantayzee?
w3jTA1vJFo9__N_VHw4tgd3bANQ=.gif

I almost billied Melbourne Bitter just cos it is the Billy of beers.
I remember Weir getting 50 votes when it one. There's a huge bias towards 90s Australian rock in this contest.

I remember nomming Myth in the early rounds for * all.

I consider Chris Cornell one of the most overrated vocalists in music history though.

smhn.gif

You're welcome to your s**t opinions, but by any objective measure, Chris Cornell was a GREAT vocalist.

The guy could sing anything.

Just because you don't like something, that doesn't make it "overrated".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back