Song Contest Part XVI, Host: The Filth Wizard, Theme: How Do I Title This?, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon the Billy is more attractive for done people these days than winning.
Recognition without hosting.
Sadly it's like the AFL system of draft picks, it rewards failure.

Ive got Stockholm Syndrome so making the ''8'' is my song contest goals

I could never tank for a draft pick - I may pick songs I like that inadvertently get a Billy but by gawd every season I aim for the 8

Some think it should be abandoned, throughout the whole contest, a handful have taken pleasure in playing for and getting it. It's entrenched in the contest with all of the awards and whatnot but, if there's enough demand, it could be discontinued.

Some think it should be abandoned, throughout the whole contest, a handful have taken pleasure in playing for and getting it. It's entrenched in the contest with all of the awards and whatnot but, if there's enough demand, it could be discontinued.
Really, I don't think it should be abandoned.

Just think it may have a slight effect on those not wanting to "win" one avoiding something left of centre or jarring. Likewise those clearly aiming for it in a tired fashion due to it being moderately attention seeking.

Outside of those two examples, it's fine IMO.

Really, I don't think it should be abandoned.

Just think it may have a slight effect on those not wanting to "win" one avoiding something left of centre or jarring. Likewise those clearly aiming for it in a tired fashion due to it being moderately attention seeking.

Outside of those two examples, it's fine IMO.

I don't think the Billy should be abandoned either but maybe the avatar punishments need to be worse to act as a deterrent. like instead of Adam Sandler avatars there could be Trump or Scomo avatars.

I don't think the Billy should be abandoned either but maybe the avatar punishments need to be worse to act as a deterrent. like instead of Adam Sandler avatars there could be Trump or Scomo avatars.
I probably wouldn’t do this as I think it would actively dissuade people from nomming interesting stuff (at least it would for me) but I agree hosts should go for something more creative as punishment avatars.

I probably wouldn’t do this as I think it would actively dissuade people from nomming interesting stuff (at least it would for me) but I agree hosts should go for something more creative as punishment avatars.
I think it's more trying to weed out people actively seeking it out by nomming s**t like the Democratic Fight Song from ages ago. Obviously certain artists/genres are going to attract more billies (and there will still be no stopping people from throwing out bait) but people should always be encouraged to nom whatever they like, it didn't deter General Soreness. I think the billy should stay because I feel it adds something but I agree we should stray away from the Sandler avatars which have been done to death.

I think it's more trying to weed out people actively seeking it out by nomming s**t like the Democratic Fight Song from ages ago. Obviously certain artists/genres are going to attract more billies (and there will still be no stopping people from throwing out bait) but people should always be encouraged to nom whatever they like, it didn't deter General Soreness. I think the billy should stay because I feel it adds something but I agree we should stray away from the Sandler avatars which have been done to death.
Yeah I think it should stay, I guess my point is more I find it dumb when hosts supply the same Adam Sandler avatar from the first page of google images that we've seen several times before, usually bearing no relevance to the theme.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boted. While you all wait for the results I thought I would bore you all with my piano rendition of one of the noms.

#SongContestResults

DQ
21 votes and 0 billies
The Rolling Stones: Little Red Rooster - Back One Out

29th
0 votes and 1 billy
Bullet: White Lies, Blue Eyes - MWPP

28th
2 votes and 0 billies
Paul Weller: Broken Stones - Elton Johns Wig

27th
3 votes and 0 billies