Song Contest Part XVI, Host: The Filth Wizard, Theme: How Do I Title This?, Votes Due: Sunday 10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just makes me think of American Pie.

It makes me think of the time I did the 90's Soundtrack round purely to nom it and you nicked it.

Never seen American Pie.

I had the song on an old CD of hits. If I find it I'll show the cover.
It's a harmless enough movie. If you've not seen it you're not missing much.

The song has suffered from overkill over the years. I've never liked it enough to buy an album that features it but it's considerably better than the film.

From around my area of the outer northern burbs of Melbourne. Suburbs like Mill Park, Epping, Preston, Hurstbridge, Macleod, Eaglemont, Montmorency, Watsonia, Lalor, Northcote, etc.
In the middle is the one Indigenous sounding name of Bundoora. Always thought it was weird. Unless I'm wrong in thinking it's Indigenous, I was never educated on it.

Never really been into the music by these guys but their story is top notch.

Some time in 2015 they were in a pretty bad tour bus crash that killed the drivers of both vehicles and resulted in comas, loss of limbs and years of surgeries for the band members.

They have spent the years since in rehab, slowly trying to get back to normal operations. They have spoken about basically having to relearn their instruments (drummer lost a leg so fair enough) and now they are gearing up to release a new album.

Just thoroughly inspirational given no-one would have blamed them for ending the band. They clearly bloody love doing it.

Been following them since it happened and although the music doesn't set my world on fire I couldn't be happier to see them about to drop a new record.

Maybe someone here will dig it.

Interestingly I was just reading their bass player apologise this morning after a racial incident after being called out. Even getting into him after the apology was made.

They can't take a trick it seems.

From around my area of the outer northern burbs of Melbourne. Suburbs like Mill Park, Epping, Preston, Hurstbridge, Macleod, Eaglemont, Montmorency, Watsonia, Lalor, Northcote, etc.
In the middle is the one Indigenous sounding name of Bundoora. Always thought it was weird. Unless I'm wrong in thinking it's Indigenous, I was never educated on it.
Bundoora has an unfortunate connotation to me now, with the rape and murder of that young Israeli student :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back