Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#SongContestResults

In 12th Place is "Many The Miles" by Sara Bareilles with 15 votes (5523), nominated by eth-dog

In 11th Place is "Fly Into The Sun" by Gold Key with 16 votes & 1 Billies (314B44), nominated by Drunkgoliath

In 10th Place is "Everytime You Go Away" by Paul Young with 16 votes (4345), nominated by Raveneyes

In 9th Place is "As The Crow Flies" by Tony Joe White with 17 votes & 2 Billies (B3234B5), nominated by Cdog71

In 8th Place is "Wishful Thinking" by BENEE with 18 votes & 1 Billies (53B244), nominated by PMBangers

Hai!
Im needing some advice from you musical nerds.

My six year old kid has fallen in love with the piano, he plays it for literally hours a day, loves it as much as Minecraft (which he seems to enjoy like a junkie enjoys smack).

Of course when I say piano I mean a cheap Casio keyboard piece of sh*t.
Now although hes not a prodigy he seems like he has a bit of a knack for it- knows all the notes, has taught himself songs from listening to them and creates his own tunes that only sometimes make me want to stab myself in the ear with a fork.

In essence he has shown enough interest and aptitude that I thought I would be remiss if I didn't put my hand in my pocket and get him something decent.

Then I went piano shopping...

Wow.
Im NOT dropping $10k+ on a something he might decide is 'pooey' next week.

Which brings me to my question.
Digital pianos- any good?
Any suggestions?

ChappyUK
raskolnikov

@Anyone???
DapperJong might know something?

#SongContestResults

In 12th Place is "Many The Miles" by Sara Bareilles with 15 votes (5523), nominated by eth-dog

In 11th Place is "Fly Into The Sun" by Gold Key with 16 votes & 1 Billies (314B44), nominated by Drunkgoliath

In 10th Place is "Everytime You Go Away" by Paul Young with 16 votes (4345), nominated by Raveneyes

In 9th Place is "As The Crow Flies" by Tony Joe White with 17 votes & 2 Billies (B3234B5), nominated by Cdog71

In 8th Place is "Wishful Thinking" by BENEE with 18 votes & 1 Billies (53B244), nominated by PMBangers
1 vote off top 10, damn it

It was a very unsatisfying song. Hard to describe, their singing left the feeling unfinished.
Being in a real long distance relationship, I connect with the lyrics on a personal level. But even before I was in that relationship, I always liked the song. Then again, I am a big Snow Patrol fan.

#SongContestResults

In 7th Place is "I Went Too Far" by AURORA with 18 votes (4331313), nominated by Jazny

In 6th Place is "Slide Away" by Miley Cyrus with 19 votes & 1 Billies (341452B), nominated by Sozabarus

In 5th Place is "Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric with 21 votes & 3 Billies (4B15B155B), nominated by MC Bad Genius

Hai!
Im needing some advice from you musical nerds.

My six year old kid has fallen in love with the piano, he plays it for literally hours a day, loves it as much as Minecraft (which he seems to enjoy like a junkie enjoys smack).

Of course when I say piano I mean a cheap Casio keyboard piece of sh*t.
Now although hes not a prodigy he seems like he has a bit of a knack for it- knows all the notes, has taught himself songs from listening to them and creates his own tunes that only sometimes make me want to stab myself in the ear with a fork.

In essence he has shown enough interest and aptitude that I thought I would be remiss if I didn't put my hand in my pocket and get him something decent.

Then I went piano shopping...

Wow.
Im NOT dropping $10k+ on a something he might decide is 'pooey' next week.

Which brings me to my question.
Digital pianos- any good?
Any suggestions?

ChappyUK
raskolnikov

@Anyone???
Korg do decent stuff.

#SongContestResults

In 7th Place is "I Went Too Far" by AURORA with 18 votes (4331313), nominated by Jazny

In 6th Place is "Slide Away" by Miley Cyrus with 19 votes & 1 Billies (341452B), nominated by Sozabarus

In 5th Place is "Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric with 21 votes & 3 Billies (4B15B155B), nominated by MC Bad Genius

Now people actually listen to the Miley Cyrus song.

#SongContestResults

MORAL PODIUM - 4th Place
"Love Me Two Times" by The Doors with 22 votes (124312315), nominated by William Wonka

This song was in second at one point and my sphincter was indeed clenched.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#SongContestResults

THIRD PLACE
"Fia" by Corpo-Mente with 26 votes & 1 Billies (52455B41), nominated by Genghis Tron

This song led the charge early but faded away towards the end.

#SongContestResults

SECOND PLACE
"Metulsky Curse Revisited" by Long Distance Calling with 29 votes & 1 Billies (22B51553222), nominated by NaturalDisaster

FIRST PLACE AND YOUR WINNER
"True Lovers" by Holy Holy with 36 votes (15553225413), nominated by Loonerty

Never in doubt! Theme?!

5: Corpo-Mente - Fia Genghis Tron
4: Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away Raveneyes
3: The Night VI - Thinking of You ChappyUK
2: Sara Bareilles - Many The Miles eth-dog
1: Alice Cooper - How You Gonna See Me Now GreyCrow

BM: Snow Patrol - Set the Fire to the Third Bar (ft Martha Wainwright) SM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad