Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one I think the SC might actually like. One of my favourite tracks of 2020 that I found much too late.

The latter half of vocals gives me a Brandon Flowers vibe. Others might not see it, but the SC likes The Killers so hopefully they see it and jump on this band.

One of the funnest albums you'll ever listen to...... Providing you like brutal slamming death metal and are sick of BSDM bands acting like the most serious men on earth.

I could write it in a letter.

Can I walk beside you in the rain?

Loving you has made me live again.

WHAT"S YOUR NAME

Not as good as this 'lady' classic.

Reckon these guys would have worked well on the Cyberpunk soundtrack.

Hope you brought doom to Heaven's gate MF. God may as well step aside.

Hey Genghis Tron
How good was to see Hendrix's strummage and frettage up close. And of course Hoosys smoothy bass.
And teeth and backwards. Bloke was an absolute wizard.
Left handed and upside down. My kind of muso.
That's only the tip of the iceberg. Every once in a while, when the same person tops various polls as the best it's actually true. This is the case with Hendrix as the #1 guitarist. Sadly, there's not a lot of Hendrix clips available on YouTube. His estate block most of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's only the tip of the iceberg. Every once in a while, when the same person tops various polls as the best it's actually true. This is the case with Hendrix as the #1 guitarist. Sadly, there's not a lot of Hendrix clips available on YouTube. His estate block most of them.
First song cont I jumped on was Solo’s put sly and the family stone in instead of this.

Delay Solo, recorded it then reversed it and put it in back to front.
Pretty dreamy and imaginative, his lyrics had alot of that too

First song cont I jumped on was Solo’s put sly and the family stone in instead of this.

Delay Solo, recorded it then reversed it and put it in back to front.
Pretty dreamy and imaginative, his lyrics had alot of that too
Yeah, his songwriting is often left behind because of his unbelievable talent on the guitar (which he could also play right-handed), but he was a brilliant composer and lyricist. It's also no surprise that the best and best sounding album that he released in his lifetime was the one that he produced and had complete artistic control over.

Genghis Tron - downloaded and listened to this to and from work on my 50 minute drive each way. You have my heartfelt thanks. Tis glorious. Modern Operatic Spanish Gypsy music doesn't get any better.

Yeah but could he play ukelele?

Genghis Tron - downloaded and listened to this to and from work on my 50 minute drive each way. You have my heartfelt thanks. Tis glorious. Modern Operatic Spanish Gypsy music doesn't get any better.

I'm so happy to have given them another fan. Glad you enjoyed it so much. It truly is a great record.

The vocalist, Laure has her own project if you hadn't seen it yet. I do enjoy it very much, but that Corpo Mente has some real magic about it.

I'll never knock back more music with her voice.

Stoked you liked it so much though, first fish I've caught with this album.

I'm so happy to have given them another fan. Glad you enjoyed it so much. It truly is a great record.

The vocalist, Laure has her own project if you hadn't seen it yet. I do enjoy it very much, but that Corpo Mente has some real magic about it.

I'll never knock back more music with her voice.

Stoked you liked it so much though, first fish I've caught with this album.

Considered these two for the previous round:

Not sure how well this would have really fit, it's about seeing a girl in the crowd and wishing he'd seen her almost anywhere else.

Much more straightforward re: fitting the theme, about missing a loved one while away.

Some of Alex Turner's best writing is on non-album tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back