Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my mind, I actually like this theme. I was able to find a song that I think may surprise some of you who probably haven't thought about it for a while. :)

!!HOT TIP!! If you are struggling to find a nomination, I would recommend going to the spreadsheet of noms, then clicking the little arrow at the top of the 'G' column, and then clicking the option to 'sort Z -> A', and then finally, hit ctrl + f, then type in "SSwans2011". This will immediately help you locate many top calibre songs to pick. :)

!!HOT TIP!! If you are struggling to find a nomination, I would recommend going to the spreadsheet of noms, then clicking the little arrow at the top of the 'G' column, and then clicking the option to 'sort Z -> A', and then finally, hit ctrl + f, then type in "SSwans2011". This will immediately help you locate many top calibre songs to pick. :)
Actually a very good suggestion.

You didn't like the story of Icarus?? :) Tried going for something completely different which didn't pay off at all.

The story was fine, just sounded like a cross between getting a massage and Sunday worship.

I do applaud you for trying something different. Don't let this stop you from doing it again!

5: Brockhampton ft Danny Brown - Buzzcut Loonerty
4: Four Tops - Reach Out (I’ll Be There) royboy2
3: Dead Letter Circus - This Is The Warning por_please_ya
2: Linkin Park - Wretches And Kings SM
1: Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John Rodney Dangerfield

BM: Daft Punk - Georgio by Moroder omgfridge

They've always been a Boys of Summer 80s kinda band but they're touching on M83 and Empire of the Sun with this one.

Like it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the spreadsheet, I came 3rd once with 39 votes. WTF.
I was reminded of the time my nomination of The La's finished 3rd with 41 votes :mad:

There was a while there where we were getting 40 entrants a round, probably around then.
Round 105: Bands from your hometown.

31 players

1st.... 54 votes, 1 billiy.... CakeEater......... Tame Impala, "Elephant"
2nd... 45 votes, 0 billies... MrsEddieBetts... Paul Kelly & the Coloured Girls, "Dumb Things"
3rd.... 39 votes, 2 billies... ChappyUK........ Goanna, "Solid Rock"

Round 109: Virgins / Acts not previously nominated

26 players

1st.... 42 votes, 0 billies... Allikat.............. Stealers Wheel, "Stuck in the Middle"
2nd... 41 votes, 0 billies... BlueBelle.......... Stereophonics, "Dakota"
3rd.... 41 votes, 2 billies... Back One Out... The La's, "There She Goes"

ROBBED!

I was reminded of the time my nomination of The La's finished 3rd with 41 votes :mad:

Round 105: Bands from your hometown.

31 players

1st.... 54 votes, 1 billiy.... CakeEater......... Tame Impala, "Elephant"
2nd... 45 votes, 0 billies... MrsEddieBetts... Paul Kelly & the Coloured Girls, "Dumb Things"
3rd.... 39 votes, 2 billies... ChappyUK........ Goanna, "Solid Rock"

Round 109: Virgins / Acts not previously nominated

26 players

1st.... 42 votes, 0 billies... Allikat.............. Stealers Wheel, "Stuck in the Middle"
2nd... 41 votes, 0 billies... BlueBelle.......... Stereophonics, "Dakota"
3rd.... 41 votes, 2 billies... Back One Out... The La's, "There She Goes"

ROBBED!
2 billies?! Tasteless pricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back