Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Rules:
All song nominations and votes are done by PM and must be kept anonymous by the host.
You only nom one song.
The host's decision on accepting songs is final, whinging will just make you look like a loser.
Voting must be on a 5-4-3-2-1 basis with a single Billy Madison vote for the worst song.
In the event of a tie the song with the least Billy Madison votes will win on countback. If still tied, the song with the most 5 votes will be given the victory.
The Billy Madison winner must use an avatar chosen by the host for the duration of the next round (unless they have lost an avatar bet, in which case the Billy avatar must be used until the next round has concluded).
If you set a midday or midnight deadline, don't be surprised if I mess around with the timezone.
People who did not submit a nom are not allowed to vote
In the event that the winner cannot host, then the reigns go to 2nd place, unless that person is William Wonka.
MOD NOTICE

Alright, for clarification:

FROM NOW ON, should a poster be suspended or on a day off during a round, votes for their song will still be accepted. If their suspension is over by the end of the round, the votes count. If not the song is dq'd, just the same as if they miss the voting deadline.

If a poster is suspended or on a day off at the start of the round, they cannot submit a song or participate in that round.

If a poster is perma'd then they can **** off and they're not welcome to play at all.

Make sense?
To add to this, anyone suspected of being an alias should be reported.

Results:
Post results and nominations with the hashtags:

#SongContestNominations
#SongContestPlaylist
#SongContestResults

List of Previously Nominated Songs

Podiums and Halls:
Worldvision Playlist: [

Last edited:
Theme: Greek Mythology and the Supernatural

Noms Due: Thursday 10pm

Rules:
  • Nom can be from an album or band, as well as in the song name as long as it fits the theme (Please specify if it's from an album)
  • No previous noms
  • No band double-ups

1609932456174.png

1609932571475.png

Last edited:

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
BOTES:

5:
Forte - "Dante's Debacle" SM
4: Stone Temple Pilots - "Sin" raskolnikov
3: Two Steps From Hell - "Heart Of Courage" Riviat
2: Laura Marling - "The End Of The Affair" MWPP
1: George Alice - "Circles" Loonerty

BM: I.T Crowd - "New emergency number" - makes me sad to billy this.... Mainly cause I'm wondering how it matches the theme and also because it's not a song... And this is coming from someone who bloody loves this show! Seven two five.... Three. Chipmunk
Fits the theme and is technically a song. I thoroughly examined every nom porps. I didn't just let in any old track. I'm a man of integrity and dignity 😂

Knew it would win the Billy though

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Theme: Greek Mythology and the Supernatural

Noms Due: Thursday 10pm

Rules:
  • Nom can be from an album or band, as well as in the song name as long as it fits the theme (Please specify if it's from an album)
  • No previous noms
  • No band double-ups
Greek mythology and any supernatural or supernatural relating to the Greeks?

Fits the theme and is technically a song. I thoroughly examined every nom porps. I didn't just let in any old track. I'm a man of integrity and dignity 😂

Knew it would win the Billy though
There was no song I disliked in the playlist and so I was forced to billy it lol. :'( haha

BM: I.T Crowd - "New emergency number" - makes me sad to billy this.... Mainly cause I'm wondering how it matches the theme and also because it's not a song... And this is coming from someone who bloody loves this show! Seven two five.... Three. Chipmunk

Judging based on applicability to theme are we...I know someone who's been slated for doing just that 😂

Damned if I do, damned if I don't tbh, I wanted to explain but couldn't without outing myself. Also, I thought that people should ask the host for reasons for applicability if it could sway their vote.

In a Divine Comedy round, I thought The Divine Comedy deserved some respect. I suspected the band itself would get nominated but thought that the jingle work of Neil Hannon (the front man) deserved recognition. He did work for Father Ted and The IT Crowd but My Lovely Horse has previously been nommed so I went with The IT Crowd. It was the right thing to do.

Judging based on applicability to theme are we...I know someone who's been slated for doing just that 😂

Damned if I do, damned if I don't tbh, I wanted to explain but couldn't without outing myself. Also, I thought that people should ask the host for reasons for applicability if it could sway their vote.

In a Divine Comedy round, I thought The Divine Comedy deserved some respect. I suspected the band itself would get nominated but thought that the jingle work of Neil Hannon (the front man) deserved recognition. He did work for Father Ted and The IT Crowd but My Lovely Horse has previously been nommed so I went with The IT Crowd. It was the right thing to do.
You can't honestly tell me that you weren't Billy hunting with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
This Divine Comedy would have got votes from me.

5: Sin - STP
4: Pride and Joy - SRV
3: King of Comedy - REM
2: Heart of Courage - Two Steps From Hell
1: Disco Infernó - The Tramps
Billy: Paradise Circus - Massive Attack

I do enjoy billying predictable winners. 😁

Hahahaha. I figured there was a reason, I wasn't smart enough to figure it out ;)
I loved the comedy on that entire show. Brilliant.

5: The Darkness - One Way Ticket MC Bad Genius
4: The Divine Comedy - Gin Soaked Boy GreyCrow
3: Two Steps from Hell - Heart of Courage Riviat
2: Forte - Dante's Debacle SM
1: The Trammps - Disco Inferno Elton Johns Wig

BM: Montaigne - The Dying Song Sozabarus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back