Song Contest Part XVIII, Host: eth-dog, Theme: Worldvision, Votes Due: Sunday 11pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in my car, which was parked in the woods in which I was sleeping and got bricked by the banditi who made off with my music collection. A veritable heist of the highest order.
While you were sleeping? How bold.

In the woods too... The lengths people will go to for niche records...

Has 'If These Trees Could Talk' always been on Metal Blade Records?

Hey, was considering Rivers ofNihil.

While you were sleeping? How bold.

In the woods too... The lengths people will go to for niche records...

I was with a pal and we'd just made a shelter for ourselves and I was like look every chance the banditi scope us out during the night, let's leave the hatchet hanging from this particular spot. At some point our slumber is interrupted by an unmistakable crack, jump up - axe ain't there. Fish around and eventually find it on the ground and start heading the way of the car. Floods on the top of the brigands' ute start panning around through the trees and then stop on us, they scamper and floor it over the hill. We sulk about for a couple of minutes, then an old, beat-up black Commodore rolls up next to us. We tell em what happened, he introduces himself as Todd, gives me his number, says "I'll get em", and coolly lurches off over the rise, lights off. Never got a text back. No doubt had Todd the Bandit Hunter been there ten minutes earlier he'd be cruising around the badlands listening to Golf Swingers to this day.

Huh. I never actually realised it was “Hey Jealousy” I always thought it was “Hey Josie” :oops:

I was with a pal and we'd just made a shelter for ourselves and I was like look every chance the banditi scope us out during the night, let's leave the hatchet hanging from this particular spot. At some point our slumber is interrupted by an unmistakable crack, jump up - axe ain't there. Fish around and eventually find it on the ground and start heading the way of the car. Floods on the top of the brigands' ute start panning around through the trees and then stop on us, they scamper and floor it over the hill. We sulk about for a couple of minutes, then an old, beat-up black Commodore rolls up next to us. We tell em what happened, he introduces himself as Todd, gives me his number, says "I'll get em", and coolly lurches off over the rise, lights off. Never got a text back. No doubt had Todd the Bandit Hunter been there ten minutes earlier he'd be cruising around the badlands listening to Golf Swingers to this day.
Quite the epic. A few things; always sleep WITH your weapon and I'm a little sus on Todd. Can't help but feel he is a time buying tactic, designed to put some space between you and the bandit and give you some faint hope that justice might prevail.

Have you ever considered that Todd is cruising around the badlands listening to Golf Swingers to this day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you ever considered that Todd is cruising around the badlands listening to Golf Swingers to this day.
This is the world I wish to live in.

Wow, I completely forgot that Nikka Costa song existed..

Looks like a smashing playlist
Me too. Trying to remember if I liked the song back in the day or just the clip?

Wow, this is turning out the be a very productive evening for musical reconnaissance.

Was going to ping DickieKnee about this track I couldn't identify. It sounds like an Adrian Belew solo and as we all know, Dick is the resident Belew expert.
In the process of my upload, it was flagged as copyright material and hence have uncovered what it is. Anyway, Bruton Music now get the ad revenue from this listing, which one expects with be highly substantial.

Some of these noms seem to have some very tenuous links to card games.
I’m b1 assuming magic the gathering or Yu-go-oh is allowed for some of them but hey I’m not the host. Not here to judge. Just here to vote on the noms.

Wow, this is turning out the be a very productive evening for musical reconnaissance.

Was going to ping DickieKnee about this track I couldn't identify. It sounds like an Adrian Belew solo and as we all know, Dick is the resident Belew expert.
In the process of my upload, it was flagged as copyright material and hence have uncovered what it is. Anyway, Bruton Music now get the ad revenue from this listing, which one expects with be highly substantial.

I wasn't expecting that thumbnail.

This is one of the greatest stories I’ve ever read in here. It has everything. Suspense, action, drama, deception and humour. It better be true!!!

If the host accepts it, it's good enough for me, unless it blatantly doesn't fit the theme (such as Steely Dan in the instrumentals).
What's the deal with Rhapsody In Blue though?

This is one of the greatest stories I’ve ever read in here. It has everything. Suspense, action, drama, deception and humour. It better be true!!!
Second-best Song Contest camping story there is, by my rankings.

ChappyUK

If the host accepts it, it's good enough for me, unless it blatantly doesn't fit the theme (such as Steely Dan in the instrumentals).
Are you ever going to get over that one? ;) Anyway Wasn’t that an accident? Cakey didn’t even notice it had vocals? I still remember the first time I listened to that being like “oh cool a steely Dan instrumental....wtf???!”

good times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back