Podcast Song Contest Podcast - episode 3 #integrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol listening this back is fun XD

One thing I didn't get a chance to say was when Harvey Manfrenjensenden said he can tell he likes a song in the first 10 seconds. Apparently they've done studies to show that this is pretty accurate - generally you know if you like a song very early on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Initial impressions can often be deceptive, especially where music is concerned.

Some of my favourite bands & albums, I hated on first listen. I didn't get it. Took a few spins, sometimes even a few years before the penny dropped.

Conversely, there are many, many songs which I loved the first and second and third times I heard it. But often these songs had no substance and i was just sucked in by the hook or the cool-sounding production. The appeal quickly wore off and i wondered why on earth I ever liked it.

As for listening to the first 10 seconds, most of the songs I like don't get started until 30 secs to a minute in. Or they take a sharp left turn halfway through. Or they go next level after a quiet intro.

I feel sorry for people who make snap judgments about music. They are missing out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back