s**t songs by bands you love

Remove this Banner Ad

Guns N' Roses - Get in the Ring

Utterly juvenile drivel that would probably have sunk lesser bands. Shotgun Blues is a dishonourable second and although the song is musically pretty good, One in a Million's lyrics place it in this category as well.

Seems a common trend of people not liking cover songs by bands as they are often atypical of what they usually do.

I did mind this track but it isn’t hugely representative of Queensryche as a whole, though the more electronic direction was somewhat along the lines of its parent album Rage To Order.

Utterly juvenile drivel that would probably have sunk lesser bands. Shotgun Blues is a dishonourable second and although the song is musically pretty good, One in a Million's lyrics place it in this category as well.

The Illusion albums had heaps of quality but some stuff which was filler, thing is everyone has different ideas of what the filler tracks are. Songs I think are great are:

Civil War
November Rain
Estranged
Locomotive
Coma
Double Talkin Jive
You Could Be Mine

I quite like So Fine and Don’t Cry as well.

Seems a common trend of people not liking cover songs by bands as they are often atypical of what they usually do.

I did mind this track but it isn’t hugely representative of Queensryche as a whole, though the more electronic direction was somewhat along the lines of its parent album Rage To Order.

Tbh I didn’t even know it was a cover haha

The Illusion albums had heaps of quality but some stuff which was filler, thing is everyone has different ideas of what the filler tracks are. Songs I think are great are:

Civil War
November Rain
Estranged
Locomotive
Coma
Double Talkin Jive
You Could Be Mine

I quite like So Fine and Don’t Cry as well.

Oh no question. The difference is that whereas the filler on UYI I mostly tended towards being forgettable, the filler on UYI II was at times utterly putrid. On the other hand, UYI II has more songs that I like. Probably one of the most inconsistent hard rock albums ever.

Of your list, I would take off Coma (bit overlong) and Double Talkin' Jive (too generic) and add Dust N' Bones (nice duet between Izzy and Axl), Yesterdays (an anti-nostalgia song) and Breakdown (some clever lyrics and musical ideas). Locomotive's OK, but again not a song I listen to often.

I don’t know who did the original off the top of my head, but just remember reading it. Was oddly the first single off the album too

Yeah it’s a pretty out there first single in a bands second album (with the hindsight of the style of music Queensrÿche put out in subsequent albums)

Fun at parties you'd be.
Get in the Ring,,,Lord I have heard FAR worse junk fests than this one. It has Slash with some great riffing, more than enough to save it.

Oh no question. The difference is that whereas the filler on UYI I mostly tended towards being forgettable, the filler on UYI II was at times utterly putrid. On the other hand, UYI II has more songs that I like. Probably one of the most inconsistent hard rock albums ever.

Of your list, I would take off Coma (bit overlong) and Double Talkin' Jive (too generic) and add Dust N' Bones (nice duet between Izzy and Axl), Yesterdays (an anti-nostalgia song) and Breakdown (some clever lyrics and musical ideas). Locomotive's OK, but again not a song I listen to often.
Locomotive & Estranged...the two best from the Illusions.Wandering melodic masterpieces.

There's heaps in Metallica's catalogue, particularly from Reload to St Anger, i'll go Sad But True from their better era, always hated that song. Not sure if it's the D tuning or what, it's just boring to me, and it's annoying they nearly always play it live.

Fun at parties you'd be.
Get in the Ring,,,Lord I have heard FAR worse junk fests than this one. It has Slash with some great riffing, more than enough to save it.

I think Get in the Ring would clear a few parties, truth be told.

The lyrics are so juvenile that they cancel out anything good that Slash does.

Utterly juvenile drivel that would probably have sunk lesser bands. Shotgun Blues is a dishonourable second

1503818325_confused-britney-spears.gif

Get In The Ring and Shotgun Blues are two of the most bangingest tracks on UYI2, not following you here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but what you're saying about UYI 2 is making me angry haha. That album has virtually 0 filler and is one of my favourite of all time. I don't remember ever skipping a single track. The first one is the one with filler

I'm guessing you don't like straight up, balls to the wall hard rock albums and enjoy more of the meandering bluesy stuff?

And yes, Estranged is my favourite Gunners song of all time ;)

Last edited:
Locomotive & Estranged...the two best from the Illusions.Wandering melodic masterpieces.

Estranged takes me places I'd never thought I'd go emotionally. I credit it to Slash. What a song

The more I think about it, the more I think you're a s**t human being ragging on those 2 GOAT songs

What is wrong with you?

It has been a constant source of annoyance for me that in the years since Queen basically became a two man tribute show featuring Taylor and May, various sporting or global events wheel out two of the greatest musicians of their generation to play the song which, from an enourmous array of tracks in their catalogue, requires next to no ability to play.
I am of course referring to that festering turd of a track, We Will Rock You.

These blokes wrote Tie Your Mother Down, Killer Queen, Under Pressure etc - one is a technically brilliant drummer and the other is one of the most innovative and revered guitarists of all time - but no, we will ask them to play a song that essentially, any musician with a few lessons under their belt could play.

I can appreciate the song for what it is, just an excuse for the late great Freddie to strut around and pump the crowd up.

But for a band that good, it's fuggin s**t.

What other songs fit this category?

I don't think there's another band in history with such a huge chasm between their best and their worst songs than Queen. They have such an array of great songs in their stable, and yet are capable of such stinkers like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "Radio Gaga" and "Fat Bottomed Girls".

Pink Floyd would be in my favourite handful of bands of all time, and are a common "go to" when I'm not sure what I really feel like listening to. But I always find myself skipping the tracks "Money" and "Another Brick in the Wall" when listening to Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall respectively.

Also, "Been Caught Stealing" is the only lesser moment on the otherwise masterpiece that is Jane's Addiction's Ritual De Lo Habitual.

I don't think there's another band in history with such a huge chasm between their best and their worst songs than Queen. They have such an array of great songs in their stable, and yet are capable of such stinkers like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "Radio Gaga" and "Fat Bottomed Girls".

Pink Floyd would be in my favourite handful of bands of all time, and are a common "go to" when I'm not sure what I really feel like listening to. But I always find myself skipping the tracks "Money" and "Another Brick in the Wall" when listening to Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall respectively.

Also, "Been Caught Stealing" is the only lesser moment on the otherwise masterpiece that is Jane's Addiction's Ritual De Lo Habitual.

I used to hate Radio Ga Ga but for some reason it’s actually grown on me, the other two you mention I actually like too - not that either are especially profound - a teenager could write them, but there are musical elements in both that I really like. may’s Solo in crazy little thing called love is brief but really catchy, and I’m big on the drums in fat bottomed girls. I actually find the subject matter pretty funny

For Money and Another Brick In The Wall, how much of that is just the fact that they're overplayed?

Wanted the unpopular opinions thread
But this will do

Postpone:Catsfish and the Bottlemen.
Even though it was on Fifa, i dont rate it as much as some of there other stuff on "The Ride".

Id take Oxygen/Anything/7 over PostPone.

Have the record on Vinyl, will listen to it in entirety, its just not on my most played on iTunes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back