Songs In My Head And Other Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bon Jovi New Jersey album popped up in my playlist recently (totally underrated btw) and I can't help but think this was a Van Halen rip off with Sambora putting forth a few Eddie van Halen licks and Mr Bon Jovi doing his best Mr Lee Roth lyrics and vocal impersonation.

What do you reckon Ulahoopski ?

The Bon Jovi New Jersey album popped up in my playlist recently (totally underrated btw) and I can't help but think this was a Van Halen rip off with Sambora putting forth a few Eddie van Halen licks and Mr Bon Jovi doing his best Mr Lee Roth lyrics and vocal impersonation.

Reminds me of 'Just like Paradise' and every other 1984 EVH song, and by reminds me, I mean shamelessly imitate. This doesn't have Roth's passion or EVH's virtuosity though and it really shows.

I met someone who likes van Halen, but not David Lee Roth era Van Halen, I was disgusted.

Don't remember that one but will listen after work.
I'm loving the new Queensryche album atm. A return to the glory days of Rage for Order imo.

Reminds me of 'Just like Paradise' and every other 1984 EVH song, and by reminds me, I mean shamelessly imitate. This doesn't have Roth's passion or EVH's virtuosity though and it really shows.

I met someone who likes van Halen, but not David Lee Roth era Van Halen, I was disgusted.
Wtf? Pre 84 VH craps all over Van Hagar!!

Bump.

Hey Riviat, remember when you posted The Irrepressibles - In This Shirt in the song contest thread and I gushed over it? Well, I found this version below, changed it up a little, and learnt to play it on piano. I am forever grateful to you for introducing me to the song.

Bump.

Hey Riviat, remember when you posted The Irrepressibles - In This Shirt in the song contest thread and I gushed over it? Well, I found this version below, changed it up a little, and learnt to play it on piano. I am forever grateful to you for introducing me to the song.

Now this is the news I like to hear of the impact that my songs have. That's a great cover too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back