Songs / music videos that sum up your life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Winthorpe

Debutant
Apr 26, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just watched this from a Melbourne-based band that I follow via YouTube:

Smoking aside, it pretty much sums up my life at the moment. A 9-5 job that I hate, no gf, a feeling of defeat (being a Pies supporter obviously doesn't help), and only limited time and energy for my one creative outlet.

Are there any songs out there that sum up your own life? I'm always impressed when a musician gets that kind of thing just right and it strikes a real chord with the listener.

daydreaming video by Radiohead. The complexities of modern life it's easy to feel a bit lost..so you just want to find a relaxing place, just to rest, something simple..especially if you're a thinker, always thinking, everything can be very exhausting,..this sums it all up, you're always walking through lots of environments and situations, it's all very confusing, especially if you are a deep thinker...so you want to run to a holiday resort and sleep near the beach or something that gets you back to nature instead...

Last edited:

That's a great description of Daydreaming, Mootsy. I'm a big fan of both the song and music video, too. Stands to reason a collaboration between P.T. Anderson and Thom Yorke would produce something pretty special.

After 37 years of marriage to the one who changed my life - this sums up my life.
Its also my favourite Supertramp song.

Nice to see another Supertramp fan but this is their best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Supertramp fan.
I love all their stuff. I'll be honest and being a musician I'm more into the jazz and blues material but they were great in the 70's. For English muso's Roger and Rick had a great understanding of the American jazz/rock writing.

No song will ever sum up the great Australian dilemma of the young man's cross-roads between yobbery and w***erism.

But seriously wtf music should be able to make you feel so many things, being limited and restricted to one song or something seems a bit pretentious or something. I wish my life was like that Supergrass song. Sometimes in summer it no s**t is. Plans by Bloc Party though... come on who doesn't get bogged down by life and lose track of their grand dreams? It's called growing up. Reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back