Songs Ruined By Advertising

Remove this Banner Ad

That list would be as small as mine. Nil.

It would have to be the ultimate sell out wouldn't it?

Random rock star "I have nothing creative left, (calls manager) hey start selling my songs for ads"

It would have to be the ultimate sell out wouldn't it?

Random rock star "I have nothing creative left, (calls manager) hey start selling my songs for ads"
Haven't heard from Ween for a while, what are they doing now.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha I heard about this for the first time on a podcast last week.

Yeah I think only Mickey and Aaron know the truth but apparently Pizza Hut paid them up front so they did "Where'd the cheese go?" Pizza Hut hated it so they made it "Where'd the mother ****en cheese go at?"

If that's the way your favourite band sell out I fully support it.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Effing Good guys commercial totally bastardising one of the greatest songs ever - good vibrations, make me physically ill every time I hear it. Murray Wilson has a lot to answer for......

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
can't recall which make, there's a car ad that completely butchers creedence's down on the corner. changes the lyrics and everything to being a soccer mum or some s**t.
car ads are now stuck in the same rut as food preparation utensil advertising - they have to sell 2 things at once.
have to make low fat food - have to show how amazing your life will be with this car. consequently great music is constantly getting chewed up and spat out to sell some of their own units. dandy warhols have been repeat victims.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
can't recall which make, there's a car ad that completely butchers creedence's down on the corner. changes the lyrics and everything to being a soccer mum or some s**t.
car ads are now stuck in the same rut as food preparation utensil advertising - they have to sell 2 things at once.
have to make low fat food - have to show how amazing your life will be with this car. consequently great music is constantly getting chewed up and spat out to sell some of their own units. dandy warhols have been repeat victims.
Toyota Kluger, thankfully no one recorded it and put it on YouTube, so it'll hopefully vanish from my memory one day.

Including changed lyrics:

That has got to be top of the list. Nothing comes close for me.

The original was just awesome. I have the single!

Jeep's use of The Potbelleez - Don't Hold Back. (Was decent-ish before that.)
Even if the a jeep was the exact car I was looking to purchase I refuse to buy one purely because of these ads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back