Entertainment & Music Songs that have been done to death.

Remove this Banner Ad

outabounds

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 21, 2009
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
You know the songs that get aired at every party or are on constant rotation on the radio. there are a few categories that spring to mind.

Songs that actually have been done to death and seem to have disappeared. eg Eagle Rock and American Pie. ( i haven't heard them in ages)

Songs that just do not go away eg Jessies Girl, Grease mix , Love Shack, Living on a prayer etc.

Songs you loved but are just over it after so many years eg Hotel California

Songs you never liked in the first place eg Nutbush.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Wonderwall, Brass in Pocket, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Imagine, Khe Sahn, Smells Like Teen Spirit

Like them all but they have been done to death.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Why all the hate for Walter Becker in the first two responses? Man was a genius.

Because the songs have been done to death.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why all the hate for Walter Becker in the first two responses? Man was a genius.
Classic rock radio station for Brisbane plays Reelin in the Years pretty much at saturation. Also plays the "What am I so afraid of" song by the Partridge family and Don't give up on us baby constantly for some reason. I think I've heard them more in the couple of weeks I've listened to the station than people who were alive in the 70's.

Wonderwall, Brass in Pocket, Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Imagine, Khe Sahn, Smells Like Teen Spirit

Like them all but they have been done to death.
Toni Basil is one of two women in the cemetery acid trip scene in Easy Rider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know the songs that get aired at every party or are on constant rotation on the radio. there are a few categories that spring to mind.

Songs that actually have been done to death and seem to have disappeared. eg Eagle Rock and American Pie. ( i haven't heard them in ages)

Songs that just do not go away eg Jessies Girl, Grease mix , Love Shack, Living on a prayer etc.

Songs you loved but are just over it after so many years eg Hotel California

Songs you never liked in the first place eg Nutbush.
I guess you have never been to an Eagles home game :)
I'm surprised Summer of '69 hasn't been mentioned yet- still like it, but it's certainly done to death. Same with Karma Chameleon.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I have an immense hatred of that song. You have no ******* idea.

I like it but it's way overrated. It's far from my favourite Oasis song.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Beds are Burning by the Oils. Its an incredibly repeated song on French radio.. I *in loved it as a kid and I loved the oils.. Even had a 10-1 singlet at a 12 year old.

Hallelujah... by any artist. This was a staple when I was busking and bought in many dollars, but heard it too many times.

Hotel Cali for sure, Stairway for sure, and Bohemian Rhapsody with it's 4th rejuvenation is at my witts end (loved the film BTW, however inaccurate).

And although it's a 'new' song that Shotgun song can * right off.. Boring, inane lyrics, s**t ******* tune and I just want to wrap a cricket bat around that guy's head. Turn that shotgun on yourself ya campaigner!

Your Song , Forever Young , Summer Rain , Time After Time and Walking in Memphis are a few songs that are in the /will never get sick of them category for me . Love them until the moon and back :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back