Entertainment & Music Songs that have been done to death.

Remove this Banner Ad

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Strange Magic is ELO's best song IMO but it rarely gets a mention.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The Killers aren't really my cup of tea but they make fun tunes. No one is carrying on like they're some musical magicians. Rather listen to them than anything from Bob Dylan or Bruce Springsteen.
They were really good at the big day out years ago. Never bought an album but enjoy listening to them when their songs come on the radio.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Strange Magic is ELO's best song IMO but it rarely gets a mention.

Telephone Line was their best song, it was their Bohemian Rhapsody but that rarely gets a mention these days either.

They were really good at the big day out years ago. Never bought an album but enjoy listening to them when their songs come on the radio.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Killers doing a Midnight Oil cover was the best thing I've ever seen music wise at an AFL GF.

They let themselves down though when they let that flog Jack Riewoldt sing with them after the GF.

Add Ben Lee and Spiderbait. People lose their s**t over the later. Fwiw spiderbait is only successful due to triple J pushing them so hard.
What a load of rubbish. They’re considered by many as a terrific Aussies band. So many good songs. Maybe JJJ play them because they’re actually really good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Eagles NFL, 76ers, Blue Jays
No.
No.
Iffy.
No. Never.
Yep.
Those songs all fit in line with the OP

All of them are the first song by Artist to be played on both easy listening music in Adelaide, and Triple M. The more you diverge your musical interests, the more you become tired of listening to those songs.

Deep Purple - Soldier of Fortune, Child in Time, When a Blind Man Cries >>> Smoke on The Water (The only DP song the general public know of. FWIW, Uriah Heep produced better songs than Smoke on the Water, but I doubt the general public even know who they are.

Linkin Park - Most of their songs fit the same style, not too much variation. I don't mind their music, but will only ever listen to them at the Gym. Most typical blokes will have this along with every other predictable bloke song in their playlists......Toxicity, Enter Sandman, Disturbed - The Sound of Silence. It's a predictable MMM daily playlist along with songs like Two Princes, Tomorrow.......

Wonderwall - Banned in guitar stores for a reason, it's the go to song on radio and bloke playlists

Jet- Are you gonna be my girl - Massively overrated piece of garbage. Correction, JET is a massively overrated band. All three of their hit songs are generic lame pieces of garbage. I could add this to the bands I don't get thread, and the Bands that had a few great hits but mediocre overall.

Stairway to Heaven - It's literally the first song that ALWAYS gets played on any radio station. It's a great song but banned in guitar stores for a reason.

May 8, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Eagles NFL, 76ers, Blue Jays
Wonderwall is also fairly easy to play on guitar for beginners, although it uses fairly obscure chords and you need a capo. Think most beginner guitarists play it cos it makes em look advanced.
I'd rather learn this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back