Entertainment & Music Songs that have been done to death.

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
In general I hate any soft song by an otherwise hard band that gets disproportionate play to their rest of their harder back catalogue. Example, Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. Although Enter Sandman counts for this thread as well for the record.

The Barnsey documentary movie thing was a big offender. Picked the softest songs of his career, solo and Chisel for the soundtrack. Anybody would have thought he was am acoustic ballad musician, not a Rockstar.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I don't see the dislike for Living on a Prayer. I wish I heard it Friday and Saturday when I used to club instead of the monotonous hip hop top 40 pop they would play every weekend without fail. Bit of rock n roll would have been a nice change.

Sent from mTalk

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Africa by Toto.
You shook me all night long by ACDC.
We are the champions by Queen.
And Song 2 by Blur are the main ones that I can think of.

All though I still love them all.
We are the Champions falls in to my 'soft song by hard band' thing.

Sent from mTalk

edgie

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
How are Queen a hard band? Plenty of other songs like that, Somebody to Love, Best Friend, I Want to Break Free etc
Definitely. I think they are outweighed though by hard rockers. Same as Led Zeppelin who did often enjoy a softer sound.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

Blues177

All Australian
AFL Club
Carlton
Titanium by Sia

Released about 8 years ago but I have noticed it been played several times in the last couple of months by a few FM stations.

Some may like it but the tune sounds too melancholic to me, I switch the station when it comes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Anything on triple m. Especially this song by some wanna be Led Zeppelin band, dear god.
edit: I thought the song was bad but this clip equals it. Made it to 30 seconds

Spongebob

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
Anything on triple m. Especially this song by some wanna be Led Zeppelin band, dear god.
edit: I thought the song was bad but this clip equals it. Made it to 30 seconds

Says video unavailable.

After tracking it down, and some of their other ditties, I think it would be good if it were never available.

They sound like Led Zeplin, but remind me of the saying: the bits that are good are not original, and the original bits....

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/samuel_johnson_161407

MC Extra Dollop

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
The songs that always get a run at 'entertainment' sporting events, like T20 cricket or other sped up versions of regular sports.

Two that I really can't abide (and not sure how anyone can) and not even sure what the correct titles are:
"Hey baby - hoo-ha - I wanna know if you'll be my girl"
"Don't you love me baby, don't you love me oooooooo"

Oh and Will I Ever See Your Face Again? May have been OK originally, but one to be mocked when played at a party and the bogans can't resist inserting their own lyrics.

Gough

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Moderator #99
The music that they play in the background at BBL games confuses me, for a league that's all about attracting the yoof they barely play a song that's not at least 20 years old.

Top Bottom