Entertainment & Music Songs that have been done to death.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
The music that they play in the background at BBL games confuses me, for a league that's all about attracting the yoof they barely play a song that's not at least 20 years old.

Well that would make sense considering T20 has been around close to 15 years and they still play exactly the same songs as they did when it started.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
GnR are my favourite band, but boy I skip Sweet Child 9 times out of 10. I reckon I smash AFD on my way home from work on a Friday every week and can't remember the last time I heard it. Thanks Triple M.

It's objectively a great song, but it's just been milked so hard that it's become a corny eye-roller whenever it comes on, a la "Livin' On a Prayer".

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Surely you're not refering to this gem.

great song, saw them live back in 96

the song by lady gaga and Bradley cooper hear 4 times a day on the radio at work, never liked it before cant stand it now

Rotayjay

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
'There's Nothin' Holding Me Back' by Shawn Mendes. My god, such a mediocre uninspiring song that stayed in the top 10 or so for months and months on end. Absolutely nothing bouncy, catchy or cool about it. Must 'do it' for a lot of people though, so majority rules.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
'There's Nothin' Holding Me Back' by Shawn Mendes. My god, such a mediocre uninspiring song that stayed in the top 10 or so for months and months on end. Absolutely nothing bouncy, catchy or cool about it. Must 'do it' for a lot of people though, so majority rules.

The lyrics 'you take me places that tear up my reputation'

The clip: They're at the beach.

What a terrible place to be caught!

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree with Bohemian Rhapsody, i reckon i have heard it 10000 times and got sick of it after about time no 10, That having a good time song, i didnt hear it til it was the theme song on Harfs show on SEN and now have heard it way too many times.
I can't believe Tainted love hasn't been mentioned yet. When it first came out i reckon it was played 5 times a day for about 6 months on 3xy when 3xy was the station to listen to. Its still overplayed.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hoped in the car yesterday and the radio was tuned to MMM. Khe Sahn came on before I even made it to the 1st set of traffic lights.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last time I was exposed to commercial radio (warehouse job - TT FM piped over speakers for 8 hours a day o_O:drunk::(:mad:), I survived a mental breakdown but am still haunted by "Complicated" by ? (Canadian pop punk girl). Reckon I heard that one 4 times a day. Pure shite.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
The last time I was exposed to commercial radio (warehouse job - TT FM piped over speakers for 8 hours a day o_O:drunk::(:mad:), I survived a mental breakdown but am still haunted by "Complicated" by ? (Canadian pop punk girl). Reckon I heard that one 4 times a day. Pure shite.

Oh ffs, that songs give me the shits!

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Brass in Pocket

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams