Entertainment & Music Songs that have been done to death.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I don't see the dislike for Living on a Prayer. I wish I heard it Friday and Saturday when I used to club instead of the monotonous hip hop top 40 pop they would play every weekend without fail. Bit of rock n roll would have been a nice change.

Sent from mTalk

Africa by Toto.
You shook me all night long by ACDC.
We are the champions by Queen.
And Song 2 by Blur are the main ones that I can think of.

All though I still love them all.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
We are the Champions falls in to my 'soft song by hard band' thing.

How are Queen a hard band? Plenty of other songs like that, Somebody to Love, Best Friend, I Want to Break Free etc

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
How are Queen a hard band? Plenty of other songs like that, Somebody to Love, Best Friend, I Want to Break Free etc

Definitely. I think they are outweighed though by hard rockers. Same as Led Zeppelin who did often enjoy a softer sound.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

Blues177

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Titanium by Sia

Released about 8 years ago but I have noticed it been played several times in the last couple of months by a few FM stations.

Some may like it but the tune sounds too melancholic to me, I switch the station when it comes on.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Anything on triple m. Especially this song by some wanna be Led Zeppelin band, dear god.
edit: I thought the song was bad but this clip equals it. Made it to 30 seconds

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
90% of songs in the Song Contest thread.

Anything on commercial radio aimed at people over the age of about 25.

Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
Anything on triple m. Especially this song by some wanna be Led Zeppelin band, dear god.
edit: I thought the song was bad but this clip equals it. Made it to 30 seconds

Says video unavailable.

After tracking it down, and some of their other ditties, I think it would be good if it were never available.

They sound like Led Zeplin, but remind me of the saying: the bits that are good are not original, and the original bits....

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/samuel_johnson_161407

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
The songs that always get a run at 'entertainment' sporting events, like T20 cricket or other sped up versions of regular sports.

Two that I really can't abide (and not sure how anyone can) and not even sure what the correct titles are:
"Hey baby - hoo-ha - I wanna know if you'll be my girl"
"Don't you love me baby, don't you love me oooooooo"

Oh and Will I Ever See Your Face Again? May have been OK originally, but one to be mocked when played at a party and the bogans can't resist inserting their own lyrics.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Run to Paradise by Choirboys. They have a great back catalog, but you'll never hear any of it.

GnR are my favourite band, but boy I skip Sweet Child 9 times out of 10. I reckon I smash AFD on my way home from work on a Friday every week and can't remember the last time I heard it. Thanks Triple M.

Back