Songs That Sound A Little Too Similar

Remove this Banner Ad

i have heaps of these:

and

Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Wonderwall is an obvious one and probably already been done

this one is Taxman

one that i find really funny is this

this one is definitely not a direct copy in terms of composition, but it is very clearly inspired by This Charming Man - The Smiths

there's also stuff like this

and yeah, heaps more that im sure have already been mentioned or ppl already know about, like enter sandman, creep etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually listened to this without having the vision of who was singing it, and immediately thought of Take It Easy by The Eagles.
It's one of those things that's destroying my mind. I know I've heard it before. I feel like a 2010s band

There have been some big-name songs that people love to this day, but they were all ripped off....I like to think that Led Zeppelin just "zeppelinized things". But they were not the only ones.
Deep Purple Purpleizied "Black Night" from the Blue Magoos - We Aint Got Nothin Yet from 1966 who took the riff from Ricky Nelson's "Summertime" in 1961.
in 1970. They also took It's a Beautiful Day's "Bombay Calling" and made "Child In Time". Ritchie was also a big Gershwin fan taking "Fascinating Rythm" and turning into "Burn"...
The one us Aussies have to frown about is the anthemic "Angels" classic "Am I ever Going To See Your Face Again" which the boys pinched from a Status Quo non album B side called "Lonely Night" (they thought no one would notice)?

And as for Stairway to Heaven? It's a classical piece that infleunced Jimmy Page not Spirit who were influenced by the same piece of music for their song Taurus in 1968. Giovanni Battista Granata uses this same progression and nearly the same melody heard in “Stairway to Heaven.” The work, “Sonata di Chittarra, e Violino, con il suo Basso Continuo,” was composed in 1659. Bach was also fond of it.

And as for Stairway to Heaven? It's a classical piece that infleunced Jimmy Page not Spirit who were influenced by the same piece of music for their song Taurus in 1968. Giovanni Battista Granata uses this same progression and nearly the same melody heard in “Stairway to Heaven.” The work, “Sonata di Chittarra, e Violino, con il suo Basso Continuo,” was composed in 1659. Bach was also fond of it.

Dolly Parton hitched her wagon to this melody for We Used To.

There have been some big-name songs that people love to this day, but they were all ripped off....I like to think that Led Zeppelin just "zeppelinized things". But they were not the only ones.
Deep Purple Purpleizied "Black Night" from the Blue Magoos - We Aint Got Nothin Yet from 1966 who took the riff from Ricky Nelson's "Summertime" in 1961.
in 1970. They also took It's a Beautiful Day's "Bombay Calling" and made "Child In Time". Ritchie was also a big Gershwin fan taking "Fascinating Rythm" and turning into "Burn"...

Ritchie talks about some of his riff sources here:

Interesting, was this cited in the Stairway court case?
There were certainly a few experts outside the case who pointed out how "generic" the Stairway intro actually was, not sure if any mentioned classical origins.

Ritchie talks about some of his riff sources here:

Interesting, was this cited in the Stairway court case?
There were certainly a few experts outside the case who pointed out how "generic" the Stairway intro actually was, not sure if any mentioned classical origins.

It's what got them off, most good guitar players would've heard the piece...Spirit just didn't do it as well as Page. And the riff to Smoke on The Water was born...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back