Songs you hate (by bands you love)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2008
Rooty Hill
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Reading,Angels,Blue Sox,T.I.S.M.
My personal nightmare is "Push th' little daisies" by Ween, I have all their albums and because they actively encourage taping at their shows I also have quite a few {legal} bootlegs too. I just can't get my head around that one song :(

There are loads of these for me!

Basically 90% of Metallica's songs post self titled. Off Self titled it would be The Struggle Within.

Porecelin - RHCP

Big Yellow Taxi & Accidently In Love - Counting Crows

Those crappy little filler songs from Tool

America - Alex Lloyd

There are heaps more and I'll add to it when I can remmber

I'm the same as above, except I'm not a fan of 'Whole lotta love'.

The Beatles are a strange band. So much crap I can't listen to (she loves you, I want to hold your hand, can't buy me love), but then there are gems (hey jude, something, while my guitar gently weeps, I feel fine, day tripper).

There seems to be no songs that are in between.

I love The White Stripes, but I hate a couple of their tunes...one that springs to mind is Passive Manipulation. Meg sings in that one. It's short, but I hate it!

I love Cheap Trick but most of their songs that have been hits I don't like(The Flame, Dream Police).

the main one i think of is 'settle for nothing', track 4 on RATM's self titled album. probably the only song of their's i dislike.

Not that I usually count it, but Revolution 9 by The Beatles.

F--k off and die Yoko.

Agreed, scares the shizen out of me.

Not a big fan of Six shooter and I think i lost my headache by QOTSA either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much anything ACDC recorded after the 80s were over. Just break up already, you old bastards.

Most of the older beatles stuff (wanna hold your hand, can't buy me love, etc). They were much better when they were taking lots of acid.

That Hump-de-bump or whatever it is by RHCP. Actually, most of their post-Californication stuff is really bad.

Can't believe people don't rate Can't Buy Me Love. Listen to Paul perform it live these days and try and resist absolutely rocking out.
Even I Want to Hold Your Hand is a good rock n roll track, just the lyrics are embarrassing. I hate most of those crappy covers off the Beatles' early albums (like Mr Moonlight, Chains etc)

Flux (Bloc Party) - should have given the song to Kylie.

Pretty much anything ACDC recorded after the 80s were over. Just break up already, you old bastards.

Most of the older beatles stuff (wanna hold your hand, can't buy me love, etc). They were much better when they were taking lots of acid.

That Hump-de-bump or whatever it is by RHCP. Actually, most of their post-Californication stuff is really bad.

Thunderstruck?

I agree that the Beatles early stuff was nowhere near their best, but really, is it hate-worthy? I hate it when people think that songs like Love Me Do are all the Beatles did, though.

My Generation by The Who. I love the Who, and this is constantly rated as their big hit song. They did much better than this song afterwards.

My Generation by The Who. I love the Who, and this is constantly rated as their big hit song. They did much better than this song afterwards.
It was a killer debut single though, and some of the hardest rock released up to that point (in '65) - hearing the stereo remaster of it shows how hard it was meant to sound. No doubt they did better afterwards as they matured as a band, but still a ripping song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back